György Fischer in 2005
|Other names||Gyorgy Fischer|
Gyorgy J. Fischer
|Parent(s)||Pál Fischer (1892–1945)|
György Fischer (born 12 August 1935 in Budapest) is a Hungarian pianist and conductor.
Assistant to Herbert von Karajan at the Vienna Opera, he became a specialist in the works of Mozart, conducting operas in Cologne, Munich, and South America. He performed with the Australian Opera in 1987. First he married opera singer Lucia Popp. After being divorced from her he married American violinist Ida Bieler. His sister-in-law was Hungarian actress Flóra Kádár, the first wife of his elder brother, DOP and photojournalist Péter Fischer.
- "György Fischer". Oxford Dictionary of Music. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Peter Fisher's work lives on". The Jewish Chronicle Online. 2013-03-21. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
- "Ida C Bieler & Gyorgy J Fischer". Ancestry. Retrieved 2016-07-29.
- "Fisher Péter (Fischer)" (in Hungarian). Geni. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
Media related to György Fischer at Wikimedia Commons
- Cummings, David M. (2000). Fischer, György. International Who's who in Music and Musicians' Directory (in the Classical and Light Classical Fields 2000/2001 Volume One (Seventeenth Edition). Cambridge: International Biographical Centre/Melrose Press. p. 200. Retrieved 2016-07-29.