|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Daily ridership||Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 3: 46,531
139 Sajingno Jiha,
|Date opened||October 18, 1985|
|Platforms/tracks||1 / 2|
Gyeongbokgung station is a subway station on the Seoul Subway Line 3.
Gyeongbokgung station is the subway station nearest to the Gyeongbok Palace or (Gyeongbokgung). The station is also near the Government Complex-Seoul and the National Police Agency of South Korea. There are other administrative buildings in the neighborhood.
|Lobby||Customer Service, Shops, Vending machines, ATMs|
|Northbound||← Line 3 toward Daehwa (Dongnimmun)|
|Southbound||→ Line 3 toward Ogeum (Anguk) →|
- Exit 1 : Sajik Park
- Exit 2 : Hyoja-dong
- Exit 3 : Chinese Embassy of Korea
- Exit 4 : Cheongwadae
- Exit 5 : Gyeongbok Palace, Gwanghwamun
- Exit 6 : Government Complex-Seoul, Gwanghwamun Station
- Exit 7 : Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency
The station displays artifacts from various dynasties, with walls decorated in ornate displays design to appeal to tourists.
In January 2013, the Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation, which operates this line, published free guidebooks in three languages: English, Japanese and Chinese (simplified and traditional), which features eight tours as well as recommendations for accommodations, restaurants and shopping centers. The tours are designed with different themes, e.g. Korean traditional culture, which goes from Jongno 3-ga Station to Anguk Station and this station on line No 3 that showcases antique shops and art galleries of Insa-dong.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gyeongbokgung Station.|
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Murthy, Rishika (22 September 2011). "Seoul's 6 coolest subway stops". CNN Travel. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- Kwon, Sang-soo (26 January 2013). "Free guide for Seoul's subway riders". Joongang Daily. Retrieved 27 January 2013.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|