Gymea railway station
Eastbound view in April 2012
|Location||Gymea Bay Road, Gymea|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||27.94 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||16 December 1939|
|Passengers (2018)||5,050 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Originally, Gymea was one of two crossing loops on the line, with the other being at Caringbah. The section from Gymea to Caringbah was duplicated in 1985, and under the Rail Clearways Program, the remaining sections of single line railway from Sutherland to Gymea and Caringbah to Cronulla were duplicated in April 2010.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Bondi Junction|||
|2||services to Cronulla|||
Transdev NSW operates two routes via Gymea station:
- Transport Performance and Analytics (21 December 2018). "Train Station Entries and Exits 2016 to 2018". Train Station Entries and Exits Data. Open Data: Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- Gymea Station NSWrail.net
- Gymea Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Gymea - Caringah Duplication Opened" Railway Digest August 1985 page 234
- First passenger trains run on newly duplicated track on the Cronulla Line Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation 19 April 2010
- "T4: Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 974". Transport for NSW.
- "Transdev NSW route 975". Transport for NSW.