Gymea railway station
Eastbound view in April 2012
|Location||Gymea Bay Road, Gymea|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||27.94 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||16 December 1939|
Originally, Gymea was one of two crossing loops on the line, with the other being at Caringbah. The section from Gymea to Caringbah was duplicated in 1985, and under the Rail Clearways Program, the remaining sections of single line railway from Sutherland to Gymea and Caringbah to Cronulla were duplicated in April 2010.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Bondi Junction|||
|2||services to Cronulla|||
Transdev NSW operates two routes via Gymea station:
- Gymea Station NSWrail.net
- Gymea Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Gymea - Caringah Duplication Opened" Railway Digest August 1985 page 234
- First passenger trains run on newly duplicated track on the Cronulla Line Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation 19 April 2010
- "T4: Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Routes 973 and 974 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.
- "Routes 975 and 976 timetable" (PDF). Transdev NSW. 27 April 2015.