Gymnastics at the 1948 Summer Olympics
Shortly after the Czech team arrived in London, 22 year old team member Eliška Misáková was taken ill and confined to an iron lung. She died of infantile paralysis on the same day that her teammates competed. When the Czech flag was raised at the medal ceremony, it was bordered with a black ribbon.
- ^[A] Other sources claim that Luigi Zanetti (Italy) also won a silver medal and Guido Figone (Italy) also won a bronze medal in the pommel horse event, despite the three gold medals awarded for the three-way first place tie.
|5||United States (USA)||0||0||1||1|
|Totals (5 nations)||11||8||11||30|
- (ed.) Lord Burghley (1951). The Official Report of the Organising Committee for the XIV Olympiad (PDF). London: Organising Committee for the XIV Olympiad. pp. 389–405. Retrieved 2008-02-04.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 2006-11-18.
- Wallechinsky, David (1984). The Complete Book of the Olympics. England: Penguin Books. p. 323. ISBN 0140066322.
- Lord Killanin; Rodda, John (1983). The Olympic Games 1984. Willow. ISBN 0-00-218062-6.
- Greenberg, Stan (1996). The Guinness Book of Olympic Facts and Feats. Guinness Publishing. ISBN 0-85112-639-1.