Gypsy (2011 film)
|Directed by||Martin Šulík|
|Edited by||Jiří Brožek|
Gypsy (Slovak: Cigán) is a 2011 Slovakian drama film directed by Martin Šulík. The film was selected as the Slovak entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 84th Academy Awards, but it did not make the final shortlist.
Releases, awards and nomiantions
In July 2011, the film was first released at the 46th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, where it was nominated for the Crystal Globe, it won the Special Jury Prize, the Don Quijote Award, the Label Europa Cinemas award, and Jan Mizigar received a Special Mention for his role in the film. Thereafter it won 6 more awards and 9 nominations in various international film festivals.
- List of submissions to the 84th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Slovak submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Cigán". Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Gypsy became the Slovak National Nomination for Oscar 2012 in the Best Foreign Language Film category". Slovak Audiovisual Information Centre. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "63 Countries Vie for 2011 Foreign Language Film Oscar". oscars.org. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Vie for Oscar". Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- Awards in IMDb
|This article related to a Slovak film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|