Héctor Hernández Marrero
|Full name||Héctor José Hernández Marrero|
|Date of birth||14 September 1995|
|Place of birth||Las Palmas, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2013||Las Palmas B||1||(0)|
|2013–2015||Atlético Madrid B||37||(6)|
|2015–2016||→ Elche (loan)||31||(1)|
|2016–2018||→ Albacete (loan)||54||(22)|
|2018–2019||→ Málaga (loan)||7||(0)|
|2019||→ Rayo Majadahonda (loan)||12||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 April 2019|
Born in Las Palmas, Canary Islands, Hernández started playing football with hometown club UD Las Palmas and made his senior debut with the reserves in the 2012–13 season, in Tercera División. On 15 May 2013, he signed with Atlético Madrid for a €250,000 fee plus 750,000 in add-ons, being initially assigned to the B-team in Segunda División B.
Hernández made his debut with the Colchoneros' first team on 18 December 2013, coming on as a 76th-minute substitute for Léo Baptistão and scoring immediately after in a 2–1 Copa del Rey home win against UE Sant Andreu (6–1 on aggregate). He first appeared in La Liga on 25 August of the following year, replacing Mario Mandžukić in a 0–0 draw at Rayo Vallecano.
On 13 August 2015, Hernández joined Elche CF from Segunda División in a season-long loan. One year later, he moved to Albacete Balompié also in a temporary deal; after achieving promotion to the second level while contributing with a career-best 20 goals to the feat, his loan was extended for a further year on 1 September 2017.
On 1 August 2018, Hernández agreed to a one-year loan deal with Málaga CF, still in division two. The following 31 January, after being sparingly used, he moved to fellow league team CF Rayo Majadahonda on loan until June.
|Atlético Madrid B||2013–14||Segunda División B||16||5||0||0||—||16||5|
|Atlético Madrid||2013–14||La Liga||0||0||1||1||—||1||1|
|Elche (loan)||2015–16||Segunda División||31||1||0||0||—||31||1|
|Albacete (loan)||2016–17||Segunda División B||38||20||2||0||—||40||20|
|Albacete (loan)||2017–18||Segunda División||16||2||1||0||—||17||2|
|Málaga (loan)||2018–19||Segunda División||7||0||1||1||—||8||1|
|Rayo Majadahonda (loan)||2018–19||Segunda División||8||3||0||0||—||8||3|
- Héctor Hernández ya es atlético (Héctor Hernández is already atlético); Marca, 15 May 2013 ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- El capitán Gabi pone orden (Captain Gabi brings order); Marca, 18 December 2013 ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Atletico draw blank against Rayo; ESPN FC, 25 August 2014
- Acuerdo para la cesión de Héctor Hernández al Elche (Agreement for the loan of Héctor Hernández to Elche); Atlético Madrid, 13 August 2015 ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Héctor Hernández, cedido al Albacete Balompié (Héctor Hernández, loaned to Albacete Balompié); Mundo Deportivo, 31 August 2016 ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Sevilla, Juan Manuel (24 May 2017). "El gol en el Albacete tiene conexión canaria" [Goal at Albacete has a Canarian connection] (in Spanish). Diario AS. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- Héctor Hernández vuelve al Albacete Balompié (Héctor Hernández returns to Albacete Balompié); Albacete Balompié, 1 September 2017 ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- Héctor Hernández fortalece la parcela ofensiva (Héctor Hernández bolsters the attacking area); Málaga CF, 1 August 2018 ‹See Tfd›(in Spanish)
- "Héctor Hernández, segundo refuerzo para la delantera rayista" [Héctor Hernández, second addition for the rayista forward line] (in Spanish). CF Rayo Majadahonda. 31 January 2019. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- Héctor Hernández at Soccerway
- Héctor Hernández at FootballDatabase.eu