Héldon in 2015
|Full name||Héldon Augusto Almeida Ramos|
|Date of birth||14 November 1988|
|Place of birth||Sal, Cape Verde|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|Rio Ave (loan from Sporting CP)|
|2015||→ Córdoba (loan)||14||(0)|
|2015–||→ Rio Ave (loan)||51||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 May 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 February 2017
Héldon Augusto Almeida Ramos (born 14 November 1988), known simply as Héldon and sometimes nicknamed Nhuck (pronounced [ɲuk]), is a Cape Verdean professional footballer who plays for Portuguese club Rio Ave F.C. on loan from Sporting Clube de Portugal as an attacking midfielder.
Early career / Marítimo
Born in Sal, Héldon made his professional debut in 2007 with C.F. Caniçal, in the Portuguese third division, moving to C.D. Fátima – in the same league – the following year and helping them win promotion to the second level.
In August of the following year, he signed with C.S. Marítimo in the Primeira Liga. On 26 November 2011 Héldon scored his second official goal for the Madeira club – first in the league – netting a last-minute penalty in a derby against C.D. Nacional (2–2 away draw, Marítimo played the entire second half with ten players).
On 31 January of the following year, Héldon joined fellow league club Sporting Clube de Portugal in a €1.5 million deal. He made his debut on 11 February, playing the full 90 minutes in a 0–2 derby loss at S.L. Benfica. He scored his tenth goal of the season and first for his new team on 12 April, when he came on as a substitute for Diego Capel with two minutes remaining and confirmed a 2–0 win over Gil Vicente F.C. at the Estádio José Alvalade.
Héldon signed with Córdoba CF on 28 January 2015, on loan until the end of the campaign. He made his La Liga debut three days later, starting and being booked in a 0–1 away loss against Celta de Vigo. He failed to find the net during his spell with the Andalusians, who suffered relegation.
On 8 August 2015, Héldon was loaned to Rio Ave F.C. for the upcoming top flight season. He attained his first goals for the Vila do Conde-based club on 19 September, a first-half brace in a 3–0 triumph at F.C. Paços de Ferreira.
Héldon made his international debut for Cape Verde on 11 October 2008, replacing Ronny Souto during half-time of a 1–3 away loss against Tanzania for the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. In his next game, on 4 September 2009, he scored his first goal, opening a 2–0 friendly win in Malta. He was the country's top scorer during the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign, recording two goals in a 4–2 win over Liberia on 26 March 2011.
Héldon was named to the squad that participated in the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations held in South Africa, and featured in every game as the nation reached the quarter-finals. In their final group against Angola, he came on as a 46th-minute substitute and scored a last-minute winner, making it 2–1 and causing his team to advance. He was also selected for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, where he won and converted a penalty to equalise in a 1–1 draw against Tunisia in the team's opening game.
- Scores and results list Cape Verde's goal tally first.
|1.||3 September 2009||National Stadium, Ta' Qali, Malta||Malta||
|2.||9 February 2011||Municipal, Óbidos, Portugal||Burkina Faso||
|3.||26 March 2011||Estádio da Várzea, Praia, Cape Verde||Liberia||
||2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|5.||14 October 2012||Ahmadou Ahidjo, Yaoundé, Cameroon||Cameroon||
||2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|6.||27 January 2013||Nelson Mandela Bay, Port Elizabeth, South Africa||Angola||
||2013 Africa Cup of Nations|
|7.||15 June 2013||Estádio da Várzea, Praia, Cape Verde||Sierra Leone||
||2014 World Cup qualification|
|8 .||14 August 2013||Estádio do Real SC, Queluz, Portugal||Gabon||
|9.||15 October 2014||Estádio Nacional, Praia, Cape Verde||Mozambique||
||2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|10.||14 November 2014||Estádio Nacional, Praia, Cape Verde||Niger||
||2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
|11.||7 January 2015||Estádio do Bravo, Seixal, Portugal||Equatorial Guinea||
|12.||10 January 2015||Léopold Sédar Senghor, Dakar, Senegal||Congo||
|13.||18 January 2015||Nuevo Estadio, Ebebiyín, Equatorial Guinea||Tunisia||
||2015 Africa Cup of Nations|
|14.||17 November 2015||Estádio Nacional, Praia, Cape Verde||Kenya||
||2018 World Cup qualification|
- As of match played 23 May 2015
- "Nacional 2–2 Marítimo". Zerozero. 26 November 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Marítimo e Nacional empatam no dérbi madeirense" [Marítimo and Nacional draw in Madeira derby]. Diário de Notícias (in Portuguese). 8 December 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Heldon at Sporting". Sporting CP. 31 January 2014. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Primeira Liga: Benfica 2 Sporting Lisbon 0". FourFourTwo. 11 February 2014. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Sporting 2–0 Gil Vicente" (in Portuguese). RTP. 12 April 2014. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "El caboverdiano Heldón Ramos, nuevo jugador del Córdoba CF" [Cape Verdean Heldón Ramos, new player of Córdoba CF] (in Spanish). Córdoba CF. 28 January 2015. Archived from the original on 29 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "El mejor Celta vuelve con polémica" [The best Celta returns with controversy]. Marca (in Spanish). 1 February 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "Cabo-verdiano Heldon a caminho do Rio Ave" [Cape Verdean Héldon on the way to Rio Ave] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 8 August 2015. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Rio Ave arrasa em Paços de Ferreira e sobe a quinto" [Rio Ave crush Paços de Ferreira and rise to fifth] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 19 September 2015. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Updated: Low-key Malta lose 2–0 to Cape Verde". Times of Malta. 4 September 2009. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- Historic high for Cape Verde Islands; FIFA.com, 17 November 2011
- "Cape Verde beats Liberia 4–2". A Semana. 27 March 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Nations Cup 2013: Cape Verde name squad". BBC Sport. 18 December 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Fottrell, Stephen (27 January 2013). "Cape Verde 2–1 Angola". BBC Sport. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Nations Cup 2015: Cape Verde name final squad". BBC Sport. 24 December 2014. Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- "Tunisia 1–1 Cape Verde". BBC Sport. 18 January 2015. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- "Héldon – Matches". Soccerway. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Héldon Ramos at Soccerway. Retrieved 8 June 2015.