Héroes Inmortales IV
|Héroes Inmortales IV|
Official poster for the show
|Date||October 1, 2010|
|Venue||Centro de Convenciones|
|City||Ciudad Madero, Tamaulipas, Mexico|
|Antonio Peña Memorial Shows chronology|
Héroes Inmortales IV (Spanish for "Immortal Heroes IV") was a major professional wrestling show event produced by AAA, which took place on October 1, 2010 at the Centro de Convenciones in Ciudad Madero, Tamaulipas, Mexico, commemorating the fourth anniversary of the death of AAA founder Antonio Peña.
On October 5, 2006 founder of the Mexican professional wrestling, company AAA Antonio Peña died from a heart attack. The following year, on October 7, 2007, Peña's brother-in-law Jorge Roldan who had succeeded Peña as head of AAA held a show in honor of Peña's memory, the first ever Antonio Peña Memorial Show (Homenaje a Antonio Peña in Spanish). AAA made the tribute to Peña into a major annual event that would normally take place in October of each year, renaming the show series Héroes Inmortales (Spanish for "Immortal Heroes"), retroactively rebranding the 2007 and 2008 event as Héroes Inmortales I and Héroes Inmortales II. As part of their annual tradition AAA holds a Copa Antonio Peña ("Antonio Peña Cup") tournament with various wrestlers from AAA or other promotions competing for the trophy. The tournament is normally either a gauntlet match or a multi-man torneo cibernetico elimination match. Outside of the actual Copa Antonio Peña trophy the winner is not guaranteed any other "prizes" as a result of winning, although several Copa Antonio Peña winners did go on to challenge for the AAA Mega Championship. The 2010 show was the fourth show in the Héroes Inmortales series of shows.
The Héroes Inmortales show featured eight professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing, scripted feuds, plots, and storylines. Wrestlers were portrayed as either heels (referred to as rudos in Mexico, those that portray the "bad guys") or faces (técnicos in Mexico, the "good guy" characters) as they followed a series of tension-building events, which culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
- "Póster oficial de Héroes Inmortales IV de AAA" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. September 9, 2010. Retrieved September 11, 2010.
- Brady, Hicks. "2006: The year in wrestling". PWI Presents: 2007 Wrestling Almanac and book of facts. Kappa Publications. p. 26. 2007 Edition.
- Ocampo, Ernesto (October 5, 2009). "Falleció Antonio Peña" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Retrieved October 14, 2009.
- "AAA Misc. Cards – Pena Memorial show 2007". Pro Wrestling History. Archived from the original on 25 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- "Héroes Inmortales I (Homenaje al Lic. Antonio Peña)". Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (in Spanish). June 12, 2011. Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved September 2, 2011.
- Carrillo, Omar (October 2, 2010). "Resultados 1ro. de octubre – AAA "Héroes Inmortales IV" – Legado AAA, Mesías, Wagner, Aerostar y 187 ganan sus respectivos encuentros" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- "Número Especial - Lo mejr de la lucha ilbre mexicana durante el 2004". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). January 12, 2011. 399.