|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Current used logo since 2015
|Owned by||Nemzet Lap- és Könyvkiadó Kft.|
|Broadcast area||National, also distributed in|
|Headquarters||Szentendrei út 89–93., 1033, Budapest, Hungary|
Hír TV is a Hungarian television news channel, the first of such made in the country. It began broadcasting on 2 January 2003.
On 26 November 2002 the TV channel was registered by 20 million Hungarian forints (~64.350 euros) of capital. The first CEO of television became Gábor Borókai, who was the spokesman of Viktor Orbán's First Government from 1998 to 2002 and the first editor-in-chief became Imre Dlusztus the sometime editor-in-chief of local newspaper from Szeged, Délmagyarország (Southern Hungary).
The first test broadcast started at 2 December 2002 and after one month of test broadcast at 2 January 2003 according to contract with several cable television companies, the TV channel started its regular broadcasting.
Its role by the 2006 protests in Hungary
This TV channel was the only one to broadcast the 2006 protests in Hungary live and the channel's report were broadcast in every Hungarian television channel and CNN as well as via Reuters the BBC, Euronews and Sky News together. Hír TV during the protests reported always. Meanwhile, the Magyar Televízió as a public broadcaster has not broadcast the fight between the policemen and protesters at the entrance of its headquarter at Szabadság tér. They broadcast the primetime investigation programm "Az Este" with anchorman György Baló, when he announced at the end of program that "the television is obsessing by protesters".
The obsessing of public broadcaster's headquarter has seen by 1 million viewers in Hungary.
After the obsessing in Magyar Televízió Headquarter, the National Television and Radio Board (ORTT) in its report has settled that the channel violated the "law of objective and factual information providing" and the law of "respect the Hungarian Republic's constitutional order". Due to fore-mentioned law violate the Hír Tv was fined by 1 million hungarian forint.
In September 2007 redesigned the channel's logo and modified the programm structure as well: started a new breakfast television programm which included live reports and news programm in more informative way. There was modification in the case of primetime programms as well: started Rájátszás (Play-off), Vonalban (By the phone), Civil kaszinó (Civil Casino), Lapzárta (Deadline when the anchor and its guests discuss about the published articles of main Hungarian daily newspaper's), Paletta (Pallette, programm about public issues) and Panaszkönyv (Book of complaints, which focuses on consumer protection).
HirTV also performs investigative reports, political discussion programmes, talk shows and morning programms. Hír TV also broadcasts BBC programmes such as Click, Reporters and Talking Movies with Hungarian translation.
2015 – The Year of Novation
Some newspapers said already at 2014 that the decades of good relationship had deteriorated between the owner Lajos Simicska and prime minister Viktor Orbán. At February 2015 the owner Lajos Simicska declares in an interview of newspaper Népszava that there is a total media war, after this statement, have given notice to the owner the editor-in-chiefs and their assistants of Magyar Nemzet, Hír Tv, Lánchíd Rádió and MNO. Because of this leave Simicska started to miscall and swear them and as well the prime minister.
At the same time the public broadcaster MTVA decided to do an news channel of M1 which up to this point was the generalist channel of MTVA. Some anchors went to work for public broadcaster's news channel.
As an answer for this event at September 2015 has established a newspaper Magyar Idők which partial to the government. At the same time the channel have completely changed both the logo and the programs.
The channel broadcasts every day from 5:50 am to 2:00 am. They target their themes to public issues, investigation program, life style, sport and to culture. The channel tend to interrupt its programmes for breaking news.
- Híradó, hírek (News): The channel broadcasts on the hour shorter news or with a longer 30 minutes length news programms. The most comprehensive news programms broadcast every day at 22 hours with title Híradó22 (News22).
- Hírvilág (World of News): Weekly 25 minutes-length programm which bases on foreign political affairs. They focuses on political investigations, analysis of the news' backgrounds. There are reports about recent events, today's questions.
- Gazdasági hírek (Business news): They reports about business issues, Currency exchange rates and stock exchange market.
- Kommentár nélkül (No comment): The channel's No comment program which contains the channel's unedited reports and as well reports took from news agencies Reuters. Mainly broadcasts reports about politician's press conference, disasters.
- Európai híradó (European News): Weekly news magazine which focuses on European Union's political and economical issues. They use its reports and reports from EBS.
- Felfedező (Explorer): Programm of foreign affair's editorship which focuses on science and "colorful news".
- Főszerkesztők klubja (Editors-in chiefs Club) – Political discussion programm when the anchor invites the daily newspapers' editors in chefs with different political views and they confront with each other, sometimes in the programm are invited bloggers and editors of main Hungarian news websites like Index.hu, 444.hu, alfahír.hu. The programm broadcasts on Mondays at 8:00 pm. Regulars are: Gábor Borókai (Heti Válasz), Gellért Rajcsányi (Mandiner), Zoltán Kovács (ÉS) and Péter Németh (Népszava). There are special guests like editors-in-chief of daily newspaper Magyar Nemzet and of ceased daily newspaper Népszabadság.
Public issue programms
- Ázsia (Asia): Special programm of foreign affairs which issues on Asia in political, cultural, economical and scientific way.
- Célpont (Target) – Programm which based on investigative journalism. They investigate for instance corruption affairs, any affairs which can be lawless or suspicious. According theirs motto: "Because You have a right to know things whereof politicians want not You know". 
- Civil kaszinó (Civil Casino): Weekly programm where intellectuals with different professions (doctors, lawyers, economists, historians, actors, musicians, pastors) discuss about politician's activities regarding to their speech or their unforgotten statements of recent week.
- Csörte (Bout): Political discussion programm on Friday's primetime. Within the confines of programm left-wing and right-wing journalists and political analysts make debate about one topic with the anchorman Levente Bella. Regular guests are: András Stumpf (mandiner.hu), Péter Szakonyi (Napi.hu) journalists and political scientists from different Hungarian political analyst companies.
- Magyarország élőben (Hungary Live) – Political investigation programm, main themes are: politic, foreign affairs, public issues, sport and culture.
- Reggeli Járat (Morning Line) – The channel's breakfast television which broadcasts on weekdays from 5:50 am to 9:00 am. The program includes interviews with politicians and discussion about public affairs. The programm contain as well interview about cultural affairs.
- Sznobjektív (Snobjective compound with words "Snob" and "Objective") – A programm with anchorman and social critic Róbert Puzsér, his program broadcasts Sundays at 8:00 pm.
The channel since from its beginnings were called as a Fidesz-sympathized broadcoster due its owner background and political views of anchors, this political view was typically until 2015. Several anchors who defined himself as right-wing person later worked in political area: Ákos Krakkó, anchor of "Célpont" from 2010 works as press agent of parliamentary group of Fidesz and from 2014 as press agent of Prime Minister's Office, Éva Kurucz anchorwoman became at 2014 the spokeswoman of Orbán Viktor's third government.
In 2015 Lajos Simicska the owner of Hír TV, who in the first Cabinet of Viktor Orbán was the Head of Hungarian Tax Authority (APEH) has deteriorated its relationship with the prime minister and therefore the channel's political view modified. From September 2015 the channel is increasingly critical against government, and open for left and right-wing intellectuals and opinions.
- "MTV-Az este (2006.09.18.)". youtube.com. 18 September 2011. Retrieved 2017-02-02. External link in
- "Több mint egymillióan látták élőben az MTV ostromát". index.hu. 22 September 2006. Retrieved 2017-02-02. External link in
- "ORTT – HírTv". index.hu. 11 October 2006. Retrieved 2017-02-02. External link in
- "Megújul a Hír TV, sok új műsor hétfőtől Civil kaszinó, Ősök tere, Rájátszás, Sziluett, hír- és információdúsabb reggeli blokk". mno.hu. 1 September 2007. Retrieved 2017-02-02. External link in
- "Simicska Lajos: Kirúgok minden orbánistát". index.hu. index.hu. 6 February 2015. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "A Hír TV nem fél az MTV új hírcsatornájától". index.hu. index.hu. 9 January 2015. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Célpont". port.hu. Retrieved 2017-02-02. External link in
- "A Hír TV műsorvezetője lesz az új kormányszóvivő". hirtv.hu. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 2017-02-02. External link in