Hólmfríður playing for Iceland at UEFA Women's Euro 2013
|Full name||Hólmfríður Magnúsdóttir|
|Date of birth||20 September 1984|
|Place of birth||Reykjavík, Iceland|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 July 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20:56, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
Hólmfríður "Frida" Magnúsdóttir (born 20 September 1984) is an Icelandic footballer who plays for Avaldsnes IL in Norway. She plays as a left winger or as an attacking midfielder. Hólmfríður is part of Iceland's national team and represented her country at the 2009 and 2013 editions of the UEFA Women's Championship.
At the 2009 WPS International Draft, Hólmfríður was picked fifth by the Philadelphia Independence, one of two expansion teams entering Women's Professional Soccer (WPS). She was often deployed as a left back by coach Paul Riley and made 31 appearances in two seasons with the Independence, scoring four goals.
During her second season, 2011, Hólmfríður struggled with fitness after being injured and was allowed to move back to Iceland with Valur. Philadelphia brought her back for 2012, but the league folded before the campaign began. Instead Hólmfríður accepted a contract from ambitious Norwegian club Avaldsnes IL, then languishing in the First Division.
In Iceland's UEFA Women's Euro 2009 qualifying play-off against Ireland, Hólmfríður scored in the first minute of the first leg in Dublin. At the final tournament, she played in all three group matches as Iceland were eliminated in the first round.
National team coach Siggi Eyjólfsson selected Hólmfríður in his Iceland squad for UEFA Women's Euro 2013. Again she featured in all three group matches but collected two yellow cards and was suspended for Iceland's 4–0 quarter-final defeat to hosts Sweden.
- "Holmfridur Magnusdottir". Connect World Football. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- Kassouf, Jeff (8 September 2010). "Young talent flourishes in WPS". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Frida returns". Phillysoccernews.com. 20 January 2012. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- Sigurdsson, Albert (21 February 2012). "Norway: Magnusdottir and Bjarnadottir sign with Avaldsnes". Wsoccernews.com. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Hólmfrídur Magnúsdóttir". UEFA.com. UEFA. Archived from the original on 28 March 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- Stefánsson, Stefán (24 June 2013). "Familiar squad for Iceland". uefa.com. UEFA. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hólmfríður Magnúsdóttir.|