Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet's
|Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet's|
|Address||46, Avenue George V|
|Town or city||Paris|
|Opened||6 November 2006|
|Inaugurated||25 October 2006|
Hotel Barrière Le Fouquet's is a 5-star hotel located on the corner of Avenue George V and Avenue des Champs-Elysees in Paris, France, and one of the 7 palatial hotels of the city. The hotel, opened on 6 November 2006, is owned by the Groupe Lucien Barrière and managed by Fabrice Moizan and Christian Rossi. Fouquet's Barrière has been developed with the collaboration of the architect Édouard François and renowned designer Jacques Garcia. It is served by the restaurant Fouquet's, headed by chef Jean-Yves Leuranguer, Meilleur Ouvrier de France. The bar, named Le Lucien, was decorated by Garcia, and its head barman is Oliver Meurice.
Frommer's regards it as having "some of the most luxurious and spacious bedrooms in Paris." The rooms are decorated in mahogany, silk, and velvet. The hotel received its fifth star on June 11, 2009 and has been considered as the Europe's Leading City Hotel (World Travel Awards 2013). The hotels is a memebr of the Leading Hotels of the World.
Prestigious events are sometimes organized in this 5-star hotel. In April 2012, the book Piano ma non solo by Jean-Pierre Thiollet was shown for the first time, with French soprano Caroline Dumas among the audience.
- Kapferer, Jean-Noël; Bastien, Vincent (3 December 2008). The Luxury Strategy: Break the Rules of Marketing to Build Luxury Brand. Kogan Page Publishers. p. 168. ISBN 978-0-7494-5601-6. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Rodwell, Edward (2009). Quintessentially Pure. Quintessentially Publishing. p. 35. ISBN 978-0-9558270-4-4. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Labourdette, Jean-Paul (24 June 2009). Guide de l'amateur de Whisky. Petit Futé. p. 129. ISBN 978-2-7469-2052-1. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Porter, Darwin; Prince, Danforth (28 September 2010). Frommer's Paris 2011. John Wiley & Sons. p. 124. ISBN 978-0-470-61441-9. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Tillier, Alan (3 January 2011). DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Paris. Dorling Kindersley Limited. p. 290. ISBN 978-1-4053-4705-1. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Europe Winners 2013 — World Travel Awards
- "Hôtel Barrière Le Fouquet's Paris : Paris, France : The Leading Hotels of the World". www.lhw.com. Retrieved 2016-07-22.