Leif Höegh & Co
|Traded as||NYSE: HMLP (Höegh LNG)|
Leif Höegh & Co is an international shipping company, founded in 1927 by Norwegian Leif Høegh (1896-1974). Since 2006 the company has been structured as two separate entities, Höegh Autoliners and Höegh LNG, with Leif Höegh & Co acting as a common holding company.
Höegh Autoliners operates pure car/truck carrier (PCTC) vessels. As part of its relationship with Maersk, it took over a number of Maersk ships in 2008. Since January 2014, its Europe/USA routes have included Valencia to Baltimore, Jacksonville, New York and Galveston. It has a 50% stake in the EML shipping line that connects Zeebrügge, Esbjerg (Denmark), Gothenburg (Sweden), Drammen (Oslofjord, Norway) and Port of Tyne (UK).
Höegh LNG is active in the liquefied natural gas industry including LNG carriers. As of January 2015, it is 44.6 owned by Leif Höegh. The largest investors are Allianz, Fairview Capital and Nordea. The Baupost Group announced that it controlled 5.26% of shares for its clients.
- Wright, Robert (30 January 2008). "Maersk sells ships to Norway group". Financial Times.
- "New Höegh service from Valencia". 8 January 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Galveston Terminal Operator and Galveston Stevedore". Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "New service to Drammen in Norway". 25 May 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Millward, David (4 January 2015). "Crew rescued as car transporter runs aground". Daily Telegraph.
- "Höegh Autoliners and Wallem sign Shipman deal". 11 May 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Our Business". Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- Pierce, Andy (7 January 2015). "Investor shows Hoegh LNG hand". Tradewinds.
- Bakka, Dag (1997). Höegh: Shipping through Cycles: Leif Höegh & Co, 1927-1997. Oslo: Leif Höegh & Co. ISBN 8291258074.
- Crowdy, Michael (1968). Leif Höegh & Co. A/S, Oslo: the firm and the fleet, 1928-1968. Kendal, England: World Ship Society. OCLC 2430077.
- Egeland, John O. (1975). "Leif Høegh: verket og mannen" [Leif Höegh: The Works and the Man]. Høegh Tidende (in Norwegian). Oslo: Leif Höegh & Co (special number). OCLC 500037125.
- Høegh, Leif (1970). I Skipsfartens Tjeneste [In Shipping Service] (in Norwegian). Oslo: Gyldendal Norsk Forlag. OCLC 479075867.
- Tenold, Stig (2006). Tankers in Trouble: Norwegian shipping and the crisis of the 1970s and 1980s. Research in Maritime History series, no. 32. St. John's, Nfld, Canada: International Maritime Economic History Assoc. ISBN 0973893427.