|• Total||36.16 km2 (13.96 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Hörsne-Bara is a populated area, a socken (not to be confused with parish), on the Swedish island of Gotland. Formerly two sockens, Hörsne (IPA: [²hœʂːnɛ]) and Bara, Bara was merged with Hörsne under the name Hörsne socken or Hörsne with Bara socken. It comprises the same area as the administrative Hörsne-Bara District, established on 1 January 2016.
Hörsne, or Hörsne with Bara, is the name of the socken as well as the district. Hörsne is also the name of the small village surrounding the medieval Hörsne Church, sometimes referred to as Hörsne kyrkby. It is situated in the central part of Gotland.
At the merging of the sockens and parishes, Hörsne Church was kept, while Bara Church was abandoned. It is now ruined and known as Bara ödekyrka ("Bara Church ruin"), although the grave yard is still in use. Situated by a hill, Baraberget, next to location of a former sacrificial site, it is now a popular place for picnics.
- Carlquist, Gunnar, ed. (1947–1955). "Hörsne socken". Svensk Uppslagsbok (in Swedish) (2nd ed.). Malmö: Förlagshuset Norden.
- "Gotland i siffror 2015" [Gotland in numbers 2015]. www.gotland.se. Gotland Municipality. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- Jöran Sahlgren; Gösta Bergman (1979). Svenska ortnamn med uttalsuppgifter (in Swedish). p. 12.
- The exact extent of the socken, now district, can be obtained by clicking on Kartinställningar and check the Socken box in the menu of this map from the Swedish National Heritage Board database.
- "Förordning om district" [Regulation of districts] (PDF). Ministry of Finance. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- Lagerlöf, Erland; Svahnström, Gunnar (1973). Gotlands kyrkor [Gotland's Churces] (in Swedish). Stockholm: Rabén & Sjögren. pp. 183–185. ISBN 91-29-41035-5. LIBRIS 7232718.
- "Hörsne med Bara". www.ne.se. Nationalencyklopedin. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- Enderborg, Bernt. "Bara ödekyrka". www.guteinfo.com. Guteinfo. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Församlingar på Gotland". www.svenskakyrkan.se. Church of Sweden. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Visby stifts indelning 2018". www.svenskakyrkan.se. Church of Sweden. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "10544 Horsnebara (1992 DA9)". NASA. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- Media related to Hörsne-Bara at Wikimedia Commons
- Objects from Hörsne-Bara at the Digital Museum by Nordic Museum
|This article about a location in Gotland County, Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|