Høyjord Stave Church
Høyjord Stave Church (Norwegian: Høyjord stavkirke) is a stave church in the village of Høyjord in Andebu in the municipality of Sandefjord in Vestfold county, Norway. It is the only stave church left in Vestfold County.
The church was built at the end of the 11th century. The church was later removed once and rebuilt. The last reconstruction was completed between 1948 and 1953, at which time major changes were made and the church received the design it has today. The church is also the only remaining stave church in Vestfold county. The church is one of two preserved churches with a pillar or post in the middle. In addition to this central post there are 12 staves, all of which support the building. Each stave has a unique design.
- "Sandefjord". 26 April 2019. Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- Bertelsen, Hans Kristian (1998). Bli kjent med Vestfold / Become acquainted with Vestfold. Stavanger Offset AS. Page 113. ISBN 9788290636017.
- Børresen, Svein E. (2004). Vestfoldboka: en reise i kultur og natur. Skagerrak forl. Page 67. ISBN 9788292284070.
- "Høyjord stavkirke". Society for the Preservation of Norwegian Ancient Monuments. Archived from the original on 16 February 2018. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Høyjord stavkirke.|
- Høyjord Stave Church in Stavkirke.org – in Norwegian
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Vestfold county, Norway is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|