This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Avşar in 2014
|Born||10 October 1963|
Edremit, Balıkesir, Turkey
|Occupation||Actress, businesswoman, columnist, fashion designer, magazine editor, professional tennis player, singer, talk show host|
|Spouse(s)||Mehmet Tecirli (m. 1979–1981)|
Kaya Çilingiroğlu (m. 1997–2005)
|Awards||1983 Turkey Beauty Pageant Winner (Beauty Queen)|
1993 Moscow International Film Festival Best Actress Award Winner
2000 Kral TV Best Female Singer Award Winner
Hülya Avşar (born 10 October 1963) is a Kurdish-Turkish actress, pop folk singer, businesswoman, columnist, fashion designer, magazine editor, professional tennis player, and former beauty pageant titleholder.
Education and career
She graduated from Ankara Cumhuriyet Lisesi and started swimming professionally for DSI. In 1982, she and her family moved to Istanbul. Avşar attended a beauty pageant organized by Bulvar magazine, which she finished first. Later, the organization revoked her crown when it was discovered that she had been married for a brief period. In 1983, she debuted as an actress in the movie Haram. In the following years, she starred in over 70 films and won the Best Actress prize in the 18th Moscow International Film Festival. In addition to this, she launched a singing career that saw a nationwide concert tour, the release of eight albums and two singles.
In 2000, Avşar won the Best Female Singer award by Kral TV. Later that same year, she wrote for Günaydın newspaper as a columnist. Avşar was also the editor of Hülya (a monthly magazine). She plays tennis on an amateur basis and won a championship in the TED 2001 tennis tournament. She is also a television personality who served as a coach and judge for the first two seasons of The Voice from 2011 through 2013.
Avşar also has been a judge on Turkey's Got Talent (Turkish: Yetenek Sizsiniz Türkiye) since 2009. Hülya Avşar was the editor-in-chief of the magazine Hülya, a position she has held for 8 years. She is also the founder of the Turkish "by H" luxury brand, not to be confused with the similarly named New York-based clothing store.
Hula Avşar was born in Edremit, Balıkesir, to a Kurdish father from Ardahan and a mother from Edremit. In a television show she told that her father's Kurdish name is Ello, and her Kurdish birth name is Malakan. In 2015 Hulya Avsar told Turkish media in her own TV host that her father was Kurdish and that her name is Malakan in Kurdish. In 1979 Avşar married Mehmet Tecirli, an engineering student; however, they divorced shortly after. Avşar married for a second time in 1997 to Kaya Çilingiroğlu which ended in divorce in 2005; they have one daughter named Zehra. She has also dated former 1987-88 European Golden Shoe football player Tanju Çolak and businessman Sadettin Saran between 2007-10.
- Her Şey Gönlünce Olsun (13 June 1989)
- Hatırlar mısın? (1 October 1990)
- Hülya Gibi (20 October 1991)
- Dost Musun Düşman Mı? (18 March 1993)
- Yarası Saklım (27 December 1995)
- Hayat Böyle (June 1998)
- Aşıklar Delidir (10 May 2002)
- Haute Couture / Kişiye Özel (October 2009)
- Aşk Büyükse (5 October 2013)
- 72. Kogus (3 March 2011)
- Sevdim (April 2000)
- Geçmiş Olsun (August 2011)
|Ömrümün Tek Gecesi||Gülseren|
|1986||Fatmagül'ün Suçu Ne?||Fatmagül|
|Uzun Bir Gece||Gülsüm|
|Üç Halka 25||Gülçiçek|
|Sevda Ateşi||Maviş Gülcan|
|Mavi Melek||Billur Elif|
|Bir Kırık Bebek||Gülizar|
|Berlin in Berlin||Dilber|
|1995||Bir Kadının Anatomisi||Sibel|
|1999||Salkım Hanımın Taneleri||Nora|
|2005||İki Genç Kız||Leman|
|Hababam Sınıfı Askerde||Zehra|
- 1995: Sevginin Gücü
- 1999: Ah Bir Zengin Olsam
- 2001: Savunma
- 2004: Zümrüt
- 2004: Kadın İsterse
- 2006: Kadın Severse
- 2015: Muhteşem Yüzyıl: Kösem
- Medyafaresi (7 March 2015). "Türkiye'nin en bahtı açık güzeli: Hülya Avşar". Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Haber Turk (23 April 2011). "Zehra'nın ilk flörtü". Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- Dibe vurmak iyi bir şey... Çünkü tekrar yükseliyorsun. Hurriyet.com, 13 October 2007
- "Hülya Avşar kimdir?" (in Turkish). Hürriyet. 31 March 2016. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- "Hülya Avşar". biografi.info (in Turkish). Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- Akman, Avşar’a bunu neden yapty?
- "18th Moscow International Film Festival (1993)". MIFF. Archived from the original on 3 April 2014. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Hülya Avşar. Turkcemuzik.com
- "Hülya Avşar: Adım Malakan". Milliyet (in Turkish). 26 February 2015. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- Spot Haber (5 October 2006). "Hülya Avşar, Tanju Çolak ilişkisinden hep pişmanmış". Archived from the original on 17 March 2012. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- Haber Turk (11 October 2010). "Hülya Avşar, Sadettin Saran aşkı bitti". Retrieved 7 July 2011.
|Moscow International Film Festival|
for Madame Bovary
| Best Actress
for Berlin in Berlin
for Une femme française