No. 1 entrance in June 2016
|Location||1-1-1 Horinouchi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 166-0013
|Operated by||Tokyo Metro|
|Line(s)||Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line (Honancho Branch)|
|Opened||23 March 1962|
|Passengers (FY2013)||33,335 daily|
The station consists of a single underground island platform on the second basement level, serving two tracks. The platforms are long enough to handle six-car trains, but as this station is served only by three-car Honancho branch line shuttle services, platform-edge doors are provided only for a three-car length, with steel fences provided along the remainder of the platform length.
There are two entrances to the station: Entrance 1 provides access to the west (terminating) end of the platforms via a concourse on the same second basement level, while Entrance 2 provides access to the east end of the platforms via a concourse on the first basement level. Toilet facilities are available on the Entrance 1 concourse.
|1/2||■ Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line Honancho Branch||for Nakano-sakaue|
|Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line (Mb-03)|
|Terminus||Hōnanchō Branch||Nakano-fujimicho (Mb-04)|
The station opened on 23 March 1962. Construction work started in 2013 to extend the platform-edge doors along the platforms to handle six-car trains, allowing through-running services to and from Ikebukuro via the main Marunouchi Line from fiscal 2017.
In fiscal 2013, the station was the hundredth-busiest on the Tokyo Metro network with an average of 33,335 passengers daily.
The passenger statistics for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
Exit 1 (west end)
- Izumi Health Center
- Sennan Junior High School
Exit 2 (east end)
- Nakano Special Needs Education School
- Minami-Nakano Junior High School
- Honan Elementary School
- Kawashima, Ryozo (April 2010). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１巻 東京駅―三鷹エリア [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 1 Tokyo Station - Mitaka Area]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 79. ISBN 978-4-06-270061-0.
- 方南町駅 構内図 [Honancho Station map] (in Japanese). Japan: Tokyo Metro. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 215. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 丸ノ内線、方南町駅へ直通運転開始 東京メトロが17年度から [Tokyo Metro to operate through trains on Marunouchi Line to Hōnanchō Station from fiscal 2017]. Nikkei Shimbun (in Japanese). Japan: Nikkei Inc. 13 November 2013. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- 各駅の乗降人員ランキング [Station usage ranking] (in Japanese). Tokyo Metro. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- 駅別乗降人員順位表（2011年度1日平均） [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2011)] (in Japanese). Japan: Tokyo Metro. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- 各駅の乗降人員ランキング (2012年) [Station usage ranking (2012)] (in Japanese). Tokyo Metro. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Honancho Station.|
- Tokyo Metro station information (in Japanese)