|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Miami, Florida, United States 1450 Brickell Avenue 31st FloorMiami, FL 33131
|Sami Mnaymneh, Founder and Co-CEO
Tony Tamer, Founder and Co-CEO
|Products||Private Equity, Growth Equity, Credit/Special Situations, Real Estate, Lending, Syndicated Credit|
|Total assets||$23 billion|
H.I.G. Capital is a Miami, Florida-based global private equity and alternative assets investment firm with $23 billion of equity capital under management. The firm operates a family of private equity, growth equity, credit/special situation, primary lending, syndicated credit, and real estate funds. The company specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies.
Since its founding, H.I.G. had raised a significant number of funds, including most recently:
- H.I.G. Bayside Loan Opportunity Fund IV (2016) - $1.1 billion fund focused on investments in small-cap special situation credit opportunities in the United States
- H.I.G. Brazil & Latin America Partners (2016) - $740 million fund focused on private equity, buyout and growth-oriented investments in lower middle-market companies in Latin America, with a focus on Brazil
- H.I.G. Middle Market Fund II (2014) — $1.75 billion fund, focused on leveraged buyouts of middle market companies.
- H.I.G. Capital Partners V (2013) — $1.0 billion fund, focused on leveraged buyouts of small-capitalization companies
- H.I.G. European Capital Partners II (2013) — €825 EUR million fund, focused on European leveraged buyouts.
- WhiteHorse VI, Ltd (2013) — $415.5 million collateralized loan obligation (CLO) fund, focused on investing in the broadly-syndicated loan space
- H.I.G. Bayside Europe Loan Opportunity Fund III (2013) — $1.0 billion fund focused on secondary purchases of senior loans and new issue loan originations in Europe
- H.I.G. BioVentures II (2012) — $268 million fund, focused on pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and diagnostics
- H.I.G. Growth Equity Fund II, L.P. (2011) — $500 million fund, focused on strong, growth oriented small-capitalization businesses
H.I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as on the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
Other H.I.G. funds invest in various real assets, including real estate and shipping.
Today, the company claims to be "the largest and most active private equity firm in the lower-middle market." Its team includes more than 300 professionals worldwide. Since inception, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 200 companies worldwide. The firm's current portfolio includes over 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion.
The company is headquartered in Miami, and has offices in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the United States, as well as affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Mexico City, and Rio de Janeiro.
- "H.I.G. Capital Secures $1.75bn for New Mid-Market Vehicle in Fast Fundraise." AltAssets, February 10, 2014
- "Capital Closes Fund V at $1 Bln." PE HUB, March 4, 2013
- "H.I.G. Capital Closes H.I.G. Europe II Fund at EUR825 Million." FinSMEs.com, July 7, 2013
- "HIG Capital backs US Medical Supply through recap deal – AltAssets, August 21, 2015
- H.I.G. Capital (company website)
- H.I.G. Capital Profile (BusinessWeek)
- H.I.G. Capital raises over $1bn for Bayside European debt fund. AltAssets, May 16, 2013