H.I.S. (travel agency)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|H.I.S. Co., Ltd.|
|Founded||December 19, 1980|
|Headquarters||Sumitomo Fudosan Shinjuku Oak Tower 6-8-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku,|
Number of locations
|H.I.S. currently has 233 retail outlets in 66 countries, 141 overseas cities|
|Services||Travel , Tourism , Transportation|
|Revenue||Net Sales 523 Billion 705 Million Yen (2016)|
|8 Billion 700 Million Yen |
|8 Billion 903 Million Yen (2016) |
|Total assets||Total Assets 332,385 Million Yen (2016) |
Number of employees
|14,380 (October 31, 2016) |
H.I.S. Co., Ltd. (株式会社エイチ・アイ・エス) is a travel agency based in the Shinjuku Oak Tower in Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan, specializing in low-cost package tours. The company was founded as International Tours Co., Ltd. in 1980 by Hideo Sawada, born in 1951, and renamed "H.I.S." in 1990.
In Japan, H.I.S. has 303 branches throughout the country and a global network of 185 branches in 124 cities abroad. H.I.S. holds a majority stake in Orion Tour, Asia Atlantic Airlines and a minority stake in Skymark Airlines. It owns two hotels in Australia, one called Watermark Hotel and Spa on the Gold Coast, Queensland and the Watermark Hotel Brisbane, and a cruise company called Cruise Planet.
The Henn na Hotel owned by H.I.S. Co . in Sasebo, Nagasaki Prefecture, has been recognized by Guinness World Records as “the first robot-staffed hotel” in the world, according to the chief of the Huis Ten Bosch theme park. Henn na Hotel, meaning "strange hotel" in Japanese, opened to the public in July 2015. This high class robot hotel has 144 rooms and 186 robotic employees, some of which are multilingual (Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean). The aim of Henn na Hotel as proposed by Hideo Sawada "is not about being strange, it's about transforming and evolving ...having robots in charge of the reception and placing robots everywhere, we aim to make it the most efficient hotel in the world" by reducing manpower.
International Air Transport Association, Japan Association Of Travel Agents
Subsidiaries and Affiliates
- Travel business (75)
- ORION TOUR Co.,LTD
- H.I.S. INTERNATIONAL TOURS (NY) INC.
- Hotels (10) THE WATERMARK HOTEL GROUP PTY. LTD.
- Theme Park (14) HUIS TEN BOSCH Co.,Ltd
- Other (11) Kyusyu Sangyo Kotsu Holdings Co.,Ltd.
- GROUP MIKI HOLDINGS LIMITED
- Japan Holiday Travel
- Ohshu Express Ltd.
- Cruise Planet Co., Ltd.
- Merit Travel Group
- Jonview Canada
- Red Label Vacations (redtag.ca, itravel2000.com)
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Rome and Milan, Italy
- London, Great Britain
- Paris, France
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Madrid, Spain
- Wien, Austria
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Moscow, Russia
- New York
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- São Paulo, Brazil
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- "." financial results
- "." About H.I.S
- "Company Info." H.I.S. Retrieved on March 11, 2010.
- "H I S CO LTD (9603:Tokyo Stock Exchange): Stock Quote & Company Profile - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- "H.I.S. Co., Ltd. - Nikkei Asian Review". Nikkei Asian Review. Retrieved 2017-10-24.
- "Company Info." H.I.S. Retrieved on August 17, 2012.
- Press, Associated (2015-07-16). "Japan's robot hotel: a dinosaur at reception, a machine for room service". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- "Robot-run Henn na Hotel in Nagasaki enters Guinness book". The Japan Times Online. 2016-11-18. ISSN 0447-5763. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- "Robot-run Henn na Hotel in Nagasaki enters Guinness book". The Japan Times Online. 2016-11-18. ISSN 0447-5763. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- Kikuchi, Daisuke (2017-03-15). "'Strange' hotel, run by robots, opens near Tokyo; more to come". The Japan Times Online. ISSN 0447-5763. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- "". Dailymail
- "In Mongolia, a Tilt Toward a Free Market," New York Times, James Brooke and Jargal Byambasuren, October 21, 2003