H. (2014 film)
H. is a 2014 American film by filmmaking duo Rania Attieh and Daniel Garcia. The film is set in Troy, New York. Actress Robin Bartlett was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Female in 2016 for her work in the film.
Two women in Troy, New York deal with the aftermath of an apparent meteor strike.
- Robin Bartlett as Helen
- Rebecca Dayan as Helen
The film received mostly positive reviews and holds an 86% on Rotten Tomatoes, with The New York Times calling it "a clever film" and AV Club reviewer Mike D'Angelo stating "its unusual amalgam of low-key, keenly observed naturalism and WTF inexplicability is potent enough to keep viewers enraptured." A critic for The Hollywood Reporter ruled that "the film ultimately disappoints."
- Logan, Elizabeth. "Meet the 2015 Sundance Filmmakers #59: Daniel Garcia and Rania Attieh Put A Modern, Almost Bizarre, Twist on an Old Tale In 'H.'". Indiewire.com. Retrieved December 28, 2015.
- Banasky, Carmiel. "Because That's All We Know The communal aesthetic of Rania Attieh and Daniel Garcia". brightideasmag.com.
- Verongos, Helen T. "Review: In 'H.,' a Fireball Sends Things Spinning Out of Control". The New York Times. Retrieved January 20, 2017.
- D'Angelo, Mike. "The best movies of 2016 that we didn't review". The A.V. Club. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- DeFore, John. "'H.': Sundance Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 28, 2015.