H. B. Mayo
Henry Bertram Mayo, D.Phil, FRSC, ( 17 June 1911—15 January 2009 ) was a Canadian political scientist. At the time of his death, he was Canada's oldest living Rhodes Scholar, and professor emeritus at Carleton University, Ottawa. Born in Fortune, Newfoundland, Mayo taught at a number of universities, received multiple honorary degrees and was president of the Canadian Political Science Association.
Newfoundland and Confederation in the Eighteen Sixties, Canadian Historical Review, 1948.
An Introduction to Democratic Theory, Oxford University Press, 1960.
An Introduction to Marxist Theory, Oxford University Press, 1960.
- Luminus - Fall/Winter 2006/07 Vol. 31 No. 2 | Alumni Connections
- Carleton University - Department of Political Science Archived July 13, 2007, on Wayback Machine.
- CPSA Presidents / Présidents ACSP Archived August 15, 2007, on Wayback Machine.
- Bibliography for Government and Politics: Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage
- An Introduction to Democratic Theory by H. B. Mayo at Questia Online Library
- Introduction to Marxist Theory by Henry B. Mayo at Questia Online Library