H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society
The H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society or HPLHS is the organization that hosts Cthulhu Lives!, a group of live-action roleplayers for the Cthulhu Live version of Call of Cthulhu. Founded in Colorado in 1984, it is now based in Glendale, California. Their motto is Ludo Fore Putavimus ("We thought it would be fun").
HPLHS produces a number of Cthulhu Mythos films and sound recordings, under its Mythoscope and Mythophone labels, respectively. They also offer props, both for sale and for free download.
- Strange Eons** (1986-1990)
- The Spirit of Revision - Lovecraft's Letters to Zealia Brown Reed Bishop (2015)
- A Shoggoth on the Roof Libretto (2005)
- Miskatonic University Monographs
- Archeological Interpretations of Myth Patterns in the Iconography of the Codex Beltrán-Escavy
- The Curious Sea Shanty Variants of Innsmouth, Mass.
The H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society has created music based on the writings of HP Lovecraft.
- A Shoggoth on the Roof (2005)
- A Very Scary Solstice (2003)
- An Even Scarier Solstice (2006)
- Live at the Gilman House (2011)
- Dreams in the Witch House: A Lovecraftian Rock Opera (2013)
Dark Adventure Radio Theatre
Currently produced episodes:
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: At the Mountains of Madness (2006)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Call of Cthulhu (2012)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Case of Charles Dexter Ward (2013)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Color Out of Space (2013)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Dunwich Horror (2008)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Shadow Out of Time (2008)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Shadow Over Innsmouth (2008)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: Herbert West - Reanimator (2013)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Dreams in the Witch House (2014)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: Imprisoned with the Pharaohs (2014)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: The Horror at Red Hook (2015)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: Dagon - War of Worlds (2015)
- Dark Adventure Radio Theatre: A Solstice Carol (2015)
- The Testimony of Randolph Carter
- The Call of Cthulhu (2005) – Directed by Andrew Leman and described by one reviewer as the most successful adaptation of this story, this silent movie was filmed in black and white. It was created over the course of two years on a very small budget. The DVD version allowed the viewer to watch the movie with the intertitle cards translated into any one of 24 languages.
- The Whisperer in Darkness (2011) – Some filming for this production was undertaken at Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts.
- John Brownlee (March 2, 2007), Interview with Cthulhu, Wired
- "Who are we and what is Cthulhu Lives?". The H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society. Archived from the original on 2008-07-19. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- The Strange Sound of Cthulhu: Music Inspired by the Writings of H.P. Lovecraft Gary Hill, 2006
- Ray Zablocki (December 23, 2006), For the H.P. Lovecraft fan in your life, Hampton Roads
- The Testimony of Randolph Carter retrieved 26/2/10
- The Call of Cthulhu: A Genuine H.P. Lovecraft Adaptation Review by David Austin, 31 October 2006, accessed 1 March 2010
- The Call of Cuthulhu  Dr Freex, Attack of the 50 Foot DVD, 28 July 2007, accessed 1 March 2010
- Film Shoot at MHC accessed 1 March 2010