H. S. Venkateshamurthy
Dr. H.S.Venkatesha Murthy is a poet, playwright in Kannada Language.
H.S. Venkatesha Murthy (Date of Birth. 23.6.1944), popularly known as HSV, is a leading luminary among the present-day Kannada poets and playwrights. He was born to conservative parents Smt. Nagarathnamma and Sri. Narayana Bhatta in a remote village Hodigere of Channagiri Taluk Davanagere district. HSV had his schooling at his native village and later studied in Holalkere followed by collegiate training at Chitradurga , He did his Masters in Kannada at Central College Bangalore. He worked as lecturer and professor for more than three decades in St. Joseph's College of Commerce, Bangalore and settled in Bangalore after retirement. He got his Doctorate in literature for his research on Kannadadalli Kathana Kavanagalu.
H.S.Venkatesha Murthy is recognised as post-navya writer who is also well known as Bhavageete poet. He is also considered as a blend of two well known literary movements in Kannada - pre-navya and post-navya. As of 2015, he has published 27 poetry collections in Kannada.
Books written by him include Shankadolagina Mouna ,Uttarayana mattu; Kannadiya Surya; Vaidehi; Suneetha Bhava.
H.S.Venkatesha Murthy is also known for his writings for children, known as bala-sahitya in Kannada.
Contribution to Film Industry
- Chinnari Mutta (Story, Dialogue, Songs); Directed by Nagabharana
- Kotreshi Kanasu (Songs); Directed by Nagatihalli Chandrashekar
- Balondu Bhavageethe (Song) ; Directed By Geethapriya
- America America (Song) : Directed by Nagatihalli Chandrashekar
- Kraurya (Dialogue); Directed by Girish Kasaravalli
- Kotta (Dialogue, Songs); Directed by M. S. Sathyu
- Mathadana (Song); Directed by T. N. Seetharam
- Ondooralli (Story, Screen play, Dialogue, Songs); Directed by Nikhil Manju
- Mythri (Song) : Directed by B. M. Giriraj
- Kirick Party (Song); Directed by Rishib Shetty
Contribution to T V Serials
- Mukta Title Song
- Mukta Mukta Title song & guest appearance
- Maha Parva Title Song
- Magalu Janaki Title Song
- Bannada Hakki-(Music by C.Ashwath)
- Ananata Namana-(Music by Mysore Ananthaswamy)
- Toogu Mancha-(Music by C.Ashwath)
- Gili Gili Gejje-(Music by C.Ashwath)
- Ajji Kate Helu-(Music by Upasana Mohan)
- Apoorva Ratna-(Music by N.S.Prasad)
- Krishna Sakhi-(Music by Sunitha Chandrakumar)
- Hoo Aralali -( MP3 collection)
- Havala Kempina Sanje-( MP3 collection)
- Bhava Bhrunga-(Music by Upasana Mohan)
- Chandrasmitha (Music by Raghunandan)
- Huvina Tumba dala (Music by N S Prasad)
- Halavu Banna Preetige (Music by Puttur Narasimha naik)
Awards and recognitions
- Bala Puraskar Award by Central Sahitya Academy, India - 2013 
- Kendra Sahitya Academy Translation Award (for work Rutuvilasa – 1988)
- Karnataka Sahitya Academy Book Prize (1977, 1985, 1986, 1993 and 1997)
- Kannada Rajyothsava Award (Government of Karnataka – 2003)
- Devaraja Bahaddur Award for Novel Tapi (1978)
- Dinkara Desai Prathisthana Award (1985)-For Eshtondu Mugilu (Poetry)
- V.M.Inamdar Memorial Award - for his book Kumaravyasa Kathanthara 
- B.H. Sridhara Award (1990)
- Aryabhata Award (1993)
- Mysore Ananthasway Award (1997)
- All India Radio (Akashavani) Award (1995, 2000)
- DVG Award (2004)
- Children Academy Honorary Award ( Government of Karnataka – 2010)
- Kempegowda Award (2011)
- Masthi Award (2012)
- A.Na.Kru. Award (2015)
- Sandesh Award (2016)
- Qatar Puraskar (2016)
- Ambikatanayadatta Rashtriya Prashasthi (2016)
- Gandha Vrata Felicitation volume presented during celebration of HSV’s sixtieth Birthday
- Aravattu Malegala - Documentary short Film produced by HSV Vidyarthi Balaga
- Dr HSV Documentary – Government of Karnataka
- District Literary Conference Davanagere – Chair person
- All India Literary Conference, Mysore –Dasara Poet’s Meet – Chair person
- Participated as a literary delegate in AKKA Vishwa Kannada Sammelana – USA
- Presided over Davanagere Jilla Kannada Sahitya sammelana-held at Honnali
- Antahkarana felicitation volume presented during celebration of HSV’s 70th birthday
- "H.S.Venkatesha Murthy". Bangalore Literature Festival website. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Ganesh, Deepa (18 August 2003). "The morning song of birds and newspaper..." The Hindu. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- Ashok, T P (6 August 2010). "The song of life". The Hindu. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Ganesh, Deepa (20 June 2013). "From the silence of the spirit". The Hindu. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Venkatesh Murthy chosen for Inamdar award". The HIndu. 15 February 2014. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- PRESS RELEASE: BAL SAHITYA PURASKAR 2013 (PDF), Sahitya Akademi, 23 August 2013