H2 (A&E Networks)
H2 is a brand name owned by A&E Networks (a joint venture between the Hearst Communications, and the Disney–ABC Television Group division of The Walt Disney Company), used for a sister television channel of History. The brand was debuted in September 2011 when History International in the United States was relaunched as H2. The brand was expanded outside the U.S. since then. H2 in the United States was relaunched on February 29, 2016 as Viceland, but the H2 brand is still used for sister channels to History in other markets.
In the United States, History International was rebranded as H2 on September 26, 2011, with its programming being refocused to feature documentary content from sister network History prior to that network's shift towards more reality programming. The American channel was later relaunched as Viceland on February 29, 2016.
In 2014, a Latin American version of H2 was launched under the ownership of A+E Networks Latin America (a joint venture between A+E Networks and Ole Communications) and distributed by HBO Latin America Group.
On October 28, 2014, H2 launched in Poland.
On April 12, 2015, H2 launched in Serbia, first on Orion TV and in May on MTS TV.
- "It's Official: Vice Channel to Take Over A+E Networks' History Spinoff H2". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- EXCLUSIVE: New Network Name Becomes History - Additional programming planned as H2 replaces HI Broadcasting & Cable, September 2, 2011
- Shaw Media and A&E to Launch Two New Specialty Channels, Broadcaster Magazine, May 30, 2012.
- A&E Ole Networks realiza su Upfront 2013, TodoTVNews, September 25, 2012.
- "H2 launching Saturday, May 4th". imediamonkey. April 19, 2013. Archived from the original on May 11, 2013.
- "A+E Networks' venture brings Lifetime and H2 to Southeast Asia". Campaign Asia. May 20, 2013.