Harrisburg Area Community College
|Harrisburg Area Community College|
|Motto||Latin: Scientia Restituo Verum|
Motto in English
|Knowledge Restores Truth|
|Type||Public, Community College|
|Established||1964, accredited in 1967|
|President||John J. "Ski" Sygielski, Ed.D.|
|889 full-time, 1,493 part-time|
|Location||Harrisburg, PA, USA|
Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) is a community college in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. HACC is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. HACC serves 19,000 degree-seeking students as well as 6,000 students in noncredit programs. The college has more than 90,000 alumni.
HACC's Gettysburg Campus, 731 Old Harrisburg Road, Gettysburg, serves nearly 2,000 students.
The Harrisburg Campus enrolls more than 8,000 students. The campus includes the newly renovated Bruce E. Cooper Student Center, which opened in August 2017; the Rose Lehrman Arts Center, and Midtown 1 and 2 buildings that house trades and technology programs.
HACC's Lebanon Campus, downtown in the City of Lebanon at 735 Cumberland St., serves 1,100 students.
HACC's York Campus, 2010 Pennsylvania Ave., York, serves nearly 3,000 students.
There are multiple student organizations and clubs at each of the campuses, including Student Government Associations, honors fraternities, major-related clubs and multicultural clubs. The College has two student-run newspapers, The Fourth Estate at the Hrrisburg Campus and Live Wire at the Lancaster Campus.
In 2005, Harrisburg Area Community College adopted the name HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College. While Harrisburg Area Community College remains the College's full legal name, the College registered the legal alias "HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College", in 2007 and began using that name almost exclusively.
- Franklin, Jr., George A. (August 2009). "Virtual Campus Drives Revenue and Retention". Business Officer. National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO). 43 (1): 10. ISSN 0147-877X.
- "Successful Alumni". www.hacc.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "HACC's Gettysburg Campus". www.hacc.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "HACC Newsroom | HACC Unveils Renovated Cooper Student Center, Opens 1967 Time Capsule". newsroom.hacc.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "HACC's Harrisburg Campus". www.hacc.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "HACC's Lancaster Campus". www.hacc.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "HACC's Lebanon Campus". www.hacc.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "HACC's York Campus". www.hacc.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- About Us-Public Relations