HBF Health Fund
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (October 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Not for profit|
|Industry||Private health insurance|
|Headquarters||Perth, Western Australia|
|John Van der Wielen (managing director)|
|Products||Health insurance, home insurance, vehicle insurance, travel insurance, life insurance, workplace health promotion|
HBF is a private health insurance company based in Perth, Western Australia. HBF is Western Australia's largest health insurance provider and also offers general insurance products including life insurance, car insurance, home insurance and travel insurance.
In 1941, HBF was established as the Metropolitan Hospitals Benefit Fund of Western Australia, with the core purpose of providing affordable health services to Western Australians. HBF's purpose can be directly traced back to its origins as a key provider of social services prior to the introduction of universal government health cover in Medicare. It was established to provide a pool of funds to ensure the ongoing provision of affordable health services for members. Since its inception, HBF has grown to become the leading provider of health insurance in Western Australia.
In 2009, HBF had 7.7% of the national market share for private health insurance.
On 8 May 2017 senior international executive, Mr John Van der Wielen took up his appointment as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of HBF Health.
HBF offers health insurance for hospital, ancillary, urgent ambulance and cover for complementary therapies. HBF also offers life, car, home and travel insurance. General insurance is underwritten by CGU Insurance. Life Insurance is underwritten by Zurich Insurance.
- "Private Health Insurance". HBF Health. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- "Competition in the Australian Private Health Insurance Market" (PDF). Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "HBF Life and Personal insurance". HBF Health. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Car Insurance". HBF Health. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Home insurance – Online quotes". HBF Health. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "HBF Travel Insurance – Save up to 19%!". HBF Health. Retrieved 26 April 2017.
- "Phio.org.au Publication" (PDF). www.phio.org.au. Retrieved 2 April 2021.
- "HBF Appoints New Managing Director/CEO". HBF Health. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- "Find A Branch". HBF Health. Retrieved 2 April 2021.