HBF Health Fund
|Not for profit|
|Rob Bransby (Managing Director)|
|Products||Private health insurance, home insurance, Vehicle insurance, Travel insurance, Life insurance, Workplace health promotion|
HBF is a private health insurance company based in Perth, Western Australia. HBF is Western Australia’s largest health insurance provider and also offers general insurance products including life insurance, car insurance, home insurance and travel insurance.
In 1941, HBF was established as the Metropolitan Hospitals Benefit Fund of Western Australia, with the core purpose of providing affordable health services to Western Australians. HBF’s purpose can be directly traced back to its origins as a key provider of social services prior to the introduction of universal government health cover in Medicare. It was established to provide a pool of funds to ensure the ongoing provision of affordable health services for members. Since its inception, HBF has grown to become the leading provider of health insurance in Western Australia.
In 2009, HBF had 7.7% of the national market share for private health insurance.
HBF regularly surveys community attitudes to health and releases the results in the iGen Survey focussing on under 25-year-olds; and the Wellness Survey for the broader Western Australian population.
HBF offers health insurance for hospital, ancillary, urgent ambulance and cover for complementary therapies. HBF also offers life, car, home and travel insurance.
- "Competition in the Australian Private Health Insurance Market" (PDF). Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Retrieved 26 February 2016.
- "HBF Life and Personal insurance". HBF Health. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Car Insurance". HBF Health. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Home insurance - Online quotes". HBF Health. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "HBF Travel Insurance - Save up to 19%!". HBF Health. Retrieved 2017-04-26.