|Founder||Harlan B. Korenvaes|
David Costen Haley President and Managing Director
|AUM||$9.7 billion (October 2015)|
Number of employees
HBK Investments (HBK Capital Management) is a global, multi-strategy alternative investment management firm based in Dallas, Texas. As of 2015, it manages approximately $9.7 billion and employs 200 individuals. In addition to the main offices in Dallas, the firm maintains satellite offices in New York, Virginia, London, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. Since inception in 1991, HBK's funds have delivered compounded returns of approximately 11.6%.
The firm takes its name from the initials of Harlan B. Korenvaes, former Managing Director of Merrill Lynch in charge of the firm's convertible arbitrage trading and sales. He left Merrill Lynch and founded HBK in October 1991, starting with $30 million in capital from four limited partners. Korenvaes left HBK in 2003 to run his family office, Korenvaes Capital.
In 2015, Institutional Investor/Alpha magazine gave HBK an A grade and the #13 ranking among hedge funds worldwide.
- "Company Overview of HBK Investments L.P.". Bloomberg. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- "HBK INVESTMENTS Top 10 13F Holdings in Q1 2015". Octafinance. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- Waite, Suzie. "HBK rebounds after several tough years". Institutional Investor. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "HBK Capital of Texas Records Strong 2010". FIN Alternatives. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "HBK founder Korenvaes raising capital; HBK troubles continue". Hedge Fund Intelligence. 1 May 2009. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- Taub, Stephen. "The Hedge Fund Report Card" (PDF). Institutional Investor's Alpha. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
|This article about a financial services corporation of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|