|Launched||1 May 1992|
|Owned by||Home Box Office Inc.|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV) 16:9|
|Slogan||It's not TV, it's HBO.|
|Country||Singapore (main) |
Papua New Guinea
|Headquarters||151 Lorong Chuan, New Technology Park 04-05, Serangoon Gardens, Singapore|
(1 May 1992-31 May 1995)
|Sister channel(s)||Cinemax, HBO Hits, Red by HBO|
|Nexmedia (Indonesia)||Channel 502|
|Sky Direct (Philippines)||Channel 22 (HD)|
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 411 (SD)|
Channel 431 (HD)
|MNC Vision (Indonesia)||Channel 7 (SD)|
Channel 401 (HD)
|Transvision (Indonesia)||Channel 105 (HD)|
|OrangeTV (Indonesia)||Channel 150 (HD)|
|Dish Home (Nepal)||Channel 500 (SD)|
Channel 923 (HD)
|Sky Net (Myanmar)||Channel 30 (SD)|
Channel 109 (HD)
|Dialog TV |
|Channel 80 (HD)|
|Cignal TV (Philippines)||Channel 53 (SD)|
Channel 210 (HD)
|Channel 58 (HD 800/77/99)|
Channel 78 (C01/C02)
|One TV (Cambodia)||Channel 28 (HD)|
|SkyCable (Philippines)||Channel 54 (SD)|
Channel 168 (HD)
|SkyCable Zamboanga City||Channel 37 |
(Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines)
|Pioneer Cable Vision Inc. (PCVI) (Baybay City, Leyte, Philippines)||Channel 21 (HD)|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 601 (SD)|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 301 (SD)|
Channel 285 (HD)
|Channel 151 (HD)|
|HCaTV (Vietnam)||Channel 63 (HD)|
|HTVC (Vietnam)||Channel 20 (HD)|
|Space Time Network (Kathmandu, Nepal)||Channel 514 (HD)|
|Parasat Cable TV (Philippines)||Channel 43 (HD)|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 41 (HD)|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 46 (SD)|
Channel 303 (HD)
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 115 (SD)|
Channel 110 (HD)
|Channel 420 (HD)|
|PEO TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 29 (HD)|
|AIS Play (Thailand)||Channel 100 (HD)|
|Founded||1 May 1992|
|Headquarters||151 Lorong Chuan, New Technology Park 04-05, Serangoon Gardens,|
|Products||Movie production, TV production, Broadcasting, Cable television|
HBO Asia is the Southeast Asian division of HBO. It was originally launched in 1 May 1992 as MovieVision, later rebranded in 1 April 1995 to its current name after being purchased by Home Box Office Inc. The Singapore-based broadcast network offers a bouquet of channels and services with no advertisements– HBO, HBO Signature, HBO Family, HBO Hits, Cinemax and Red – as well as HBO Go and HBO on Demand. HBO Asia is also the exclusive distributor of BabyFirst in Asia.
HBO Asia has first run deals with three major Hollywood conglomerates: Warner Bros., Universal Studios and Paramount Pictures, and licensing deals with four major Hollywood conglomerates Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures, Universal Studios and Warner Bros, in addition to its proprietary HBO Original programmes. It also licences content from The Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Marvel Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm, MGM Studios, Lionsgate, Relativity Media, Millennium Films, Castle Rock Entertainment, CBS, Europacorp, FilmNation Entertainment, Focus Features, IM Global, Morgan Creek, New Line, Paramount Classics, Screen Gems, Sony Picture Classics, Village Roadshow, and Warner Independent Pictures.
- HBO Central is a monthly program giving information about which movies and series will be shown in the coming month.
- New seasons of HBO's Original Series or Original Productions air on Sunday nights.
- HBO Asia was heavily censored in Asia, with many shows such as Sex and the City, The Sopranos, Entourage, The Wire, Hung, Girls, True Blood, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire aired in edited versions; certain programmes are not shown in some territories at all. This has been liberalised to an extent in recent years.
- The HBO-made series Entourage was taken off-air for three weeks by one cable operator in the Philippines pending clearance by MTRCB. The entire series continued to air without disruption on all other Philippines cable operators.
- In Vietnam, every movie with content which is considered to oppose or distort the Vietnam War, the Communist Party of Vietnam or communism is replaced by a black screen or another film. In addition, if the Ministry of Culture and Information considers a movie has contents of a serious sexual or horrific nature not conforming with Vietnamese society, it will not be aired.
- Movies that have the middle fingers show up are cutted.
|HBO Hits||Shows hits and blockbuster films||Official site|
|HBO Hits HD||Shows hits and blockbuster films in High Definition.||Official site|
|HBO Family||Shows family oriented films and series||Official site|
|HBO||Shows Hollywood films and HBO Original series||Official site|
|HBO HD||Shows Hollywood movies and HBO Originals in superb clear pictures|
|HBO On Demand||Shows the best Hollywood films and outstanding HBO Originals at your control||Official site|
|HBO Signature||Shows critically acclaimed and original productions||Official site|
|Cinemax||Shows action and suspense movies||Official site|
|RED by HBO||HBO Asia's brand new 24-hour, Asian movie channel||Official site|
|BabyFirst||24-hour channel for babies and infants distributed by HBO Asia||Official site|
HBO South Asia
|HBO South Asia|
|Owned by||Turner International India|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i)|
|Slogan||Experience the magic|
|Timeshift service||HBO Pakistan|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 364|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 413|
|Airtel Digital TV (India)||Channel 194|
|Big TV (India)||Channel 355|
|Videocon D2H (India)||Channel 245|
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 402|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 466|
HBO airs a separate feed with commercial breaks for viewers in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Maldives. The channel is labeled as HBO South Asia and often referred to as HBO India since it specifically caters to the Indian market. All movie promos in this beam are according to IST. The channel ownership transferred to Turner International India on 1 January 2015. The feed in Pakistan is a timeshift version in PST excluding the Indian adverts.
HBO Asia and Eros International launched HBO Defined and HBO Hits across India on February 21, 2013 on Dish TV and Airtel Digital TV. These channels are commercial-free and available in both SD and HD formats. The content of both the channels include movies as well as most of HBO Original Programming. HBO Defined was shut down on December 31, 2015 while HBO Hits was replaced by HBO HD on September 4, 2016.
- "A Race to Satisfy TV Appetites in Asia". The New York Times. 23 May 1993. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Singapore lifts Sex and City ban". 16 July 2004. Retrieved 2 July 2016 – via bbc.co.uk.
- "Winter is Coming: Game of Thrones on HBO Asia". 28 August 2011. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Kohli-Khandekar, Vanita (2014-12-19). "Is HBO giving up on its India market?". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- "HBO Defined and HBO Hits go on-air". Indian Advertising Media & Marketing News – exchange4media. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- "#Experience The Magic with HBO HD!". Turner. 2016-09-06. Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- "Fox's Star India Strikes Exclusive Deal for HBO Originals". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-01-23.