||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||BSE: 500180
BSE SENSEX Constituent
CNX Nifty Constituent
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Aditya Puri (MD)|
Finance and Insurance
|Revenue||₹74,373.22 crore (US$11 billion) (2016)|
|Profit||₹12,817.33 crore (US$1.9 billion) (2016)|
|Total assets||₹687,892 crore (US$100 billion) (2015)|
|Total equity||₹505.64 crore (US$75 million) |
Number of employees
|76,286 (March 2015)|
HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has about 76,286 employees including 12,680 women and has a presence in Bahrain, Hong Kong and Dubai. HDFC Bank is the second largest private bank in India as measured by assets. It is the largest bank in India by market capitalization as of February 2016. It was ranked 58th among India’s most trusted brands according to Brand Trust Report, 2015.
Total balance sheet size as of June 30, 2016 was Rs.755,100 crores as against Rs.629,322 crores as of June 30, 2015. The Bank’s total income for the quarter ended June 30, 2016 was Rs.19,322.6 crores, as against Rs.16,503.0 crores for the quarter ended June 30, 2015. Net revenues (net interest income plus other income) increased by 19.6% to Rs.10,588.1 crores for the quarter ended June 30, 2016 as against Rs.8,850.7 crores in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
In 1994, HDFC Bank Limited was incorporated, with its registered office in Mumbai, India. Its first corporate office and a full service branch at Sandoz House, Worli was inaugurated by the then Union Finance Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh.
As of June 30, 2016, the Bank’s distribution network was at 4,541 branches and 12,013 ATMs.
HDFC Bank provides a number of products and services which includes-
- Wholesale banking services
- Retail banking services
HDFC Bank Limited merged with Times Bank Limited in February, 2000. This was the first merger of two private banks in the New Generation Private Sector Banks category. In 2008, Centurion Bank was acquired by HDFC Bank Limited. HDFC Bank Board approved the acquisition of CBoP for Rs. 9,510 crore in one of the largest mergers in the financial sector in India.
The equity shares of HDFC Bank are listed on Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. Its American Depository Shares are listed on NYSE and the Global depository receipt are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange where two GDRs represent on equity share of HDFC Bank..
|Shareholders (as of 31 December-2015)||Shareholding|
|Promoter Group (HDFC)||21.57%|
|Foreign Institutional Investors (FII)||32.40%|
HDFC Bank has taken several steps as a part of their Corporate Social Responsibility. It has collaborated with several NGOs to assist in its activities.
|Sustainable Livelihood||Provide empowerment to the rural section of the country, especially women.||Conducts training for occupational skills, credit counselling, capacity building program, sustainable livelihood initiative|
|Financial Literacy||Financial literacy in 600 schools across Andhra Pradesh and Odisha.||Rural financial literacy programs under the aegis of RBI.|
|Education||Aim to making every child literate with quality education.||Friends Union for Energising Lives (FUEL), cover 100 children under Jayaprakash Narayan Memorial Trust’s Vidya and Child Programme.|
|Training||Aimed at formal training and development of youth||ETASHA, support SGBS Trust, tied up with Hope Foundation|
|Community Initiatives||Focused on sustainable development with economic growth||Partnered with Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR), promote rain water harvesting, blood donation campaigns|
Awards and recognition
|Best Performing Branch in Microfinance among Private sector bank by NABARD, 2016||Award for Best Performance in Microfinance|
|KPMG study of India’s Best Banks||Bank of the year & best digital banking initiative award 2016|
|AIMA Managing India Awards 2015||Business leader of the year- Aditya Puri|
|FinanceAsia poll on Asia's Best Companies 2015||Best managed public company - India|
|Barron's||World's 30 Best CEOs - Aditya Puri|
|J. P. Morgan Quality Recognition Award||Best in class straight through processing rates|
- "HDFC Bank on the Forbes Asia's Fab 50 Companies List". Forbes. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "Balance Sheet of HDFC Bank". moneycontrol.
- "HDFC Bank Quarterly Results".
- "HDFC Bank Quarterly Results".
- "HDFC Bank Director's Speech". Sharekhan.
- "ShareKhan". HOME>>MARKET TODAY>>COMPANY SNAPSHOT>>DIRECTOR'S SPEECH. Sharekhan.
- "Times of India". HDFC Bank opens Branch in Dubai. Times of India. August 25, 2014.
- "HDFC Bank most valuable brand in India: WPP study". Livemint. Livemint. September 10, 2015.
- "Largest bank by Market capitalization". MoneyControl. MoneyControl.
- "HDFC Bank reports 20% jump in net profit". The Hindu Business Line. July 21, 2016.
- "HDFC Bank – About Banking Services, Loans Scheme, Award, Contact Address and more". business.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "HDFC Bank: Reports, Company History, Directors Report, Chairman's Speech, Auditors Report of HDFC Bank - NDTVProfit.com". profit.ndtv.com. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "HDFC Bank to acquire Centurion Bank of Punjab". Banknet India.
- "HDFC bank listing & shareholding". Money Control.
- "HDFC Bank wins microfinance award from NABARD in Goa". Times of India. January 22, 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Bank of the Year/ Digital Bank: HDFC BANK". Business Today. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "AIMA Managing India Awards 2015 – 6th Edition". Affairs Cloud. April 18, 2015.
- "Asia's best managed companies, part 3". FinanceAsia. March 20, 2015.
- "HDFC Bank MD Aditya Puri in Barron's list of 30 best CEOs". Times of India. March 22, 2015.
- "Top 10 Banks in India 2015". MBA Skool.
- "ICICI, HDFC Bank develop apps for Apple Watch". Free Press Journal.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HDFC Bank.|
- Official website
- Jobs at HDFC Bank
- HDFC Bank on Facebook
- Bank at Times of India
- Bank at Bombay Stock Exchange
- HDFC Bank at National Stock Exchange of India
- HDFC RED - Associated Company Website
- Bank IFSC Codes