BSE SENSEX Constituent
CNX Nifty Constituent
|Industry||Banking, financial services|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Aditya Puri (MD)|
|Products||Credit cards, consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, private equity, wealth management|
|Revenue||₹81,602 crore (US$11 billion) (2017)|
|₹25,732 crore (US$3.6 billion) (2017)|
|₹14,550 crore (US$2.0 billion) (2017)|
|Total assets||₹863,840 crore (US$120 billion) (2017)|
Number of employees
|84,325 (March 2017)|
HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has 88,253 permanent employees as on 31 March 2018 and has a presence in Bahrain, Hong Kong and Dubai. HDFC Bank is India’s largest private sector lender by assets. It is the largest bank in India by market capitalization as of February 2016. It was ranked 69th in 2016 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands.
In 1994 HDFC Bank was incorporated, with its registered office in Mumbai, India. Its first corporate office and a full service branch at Sandoz House, Worli were inaugurated by the then Union Finance Minister, Manmohan Singh.
As of June 30, 2017, the bank's distribution network was at 4,715 branches and 12,260 ATMs across 2,657 cities and towns. The bank also installed 4.30 Lacs POS terminals and issued 235.7 Lacs debit cards and 85.4 Lacs credit card in FY 2017.
Products and services
HDFC Bank provides a number of products and services including wholesale banking, retail banking, treasury, auto loans, two wheeler loans, personal loans, loans against property, consumer durable loan, lifestyle loan and credit cards.Along with this various digital products are Payzapp and Chillr.
HDFC Bank merged with Times Bank in February 2000. This was the first merger of two private banks in the New Generation private sector banks category. In 2008, Centurion Bank was acquired by HDFC Bank. HDFC Bank Board approved the acquisition of CBoP for 95.1 billion INR in one of the largest mergers in the financial sector in India.
The equity shares of HDFC Bank are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. Its American Depository Shares are listed on NYSE and the global depository receipt are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange where two GDRs represent one equity share of HDFC Bank.
|Shareholders (as of 31 December 2015)||Shareholding|
|Promoter group (HDFC)||21.57%|
|Foreign institutional investors (FII)||32.4%|
Awards and recognition
- Best Banking Performer, India in 2016 by Global Brands Magazine Award.
|Best Performing Branch in Microfinance among private sector banks by NABARD, 2016||Award for Best Performance in Microfinance|
|KPMG study of India's Best Banks||Bank of the year & best digital banking initiative award 2016|
|AIMA Managing India Awards 2015||Business leader of the year- Aditya Puri|
|BrandZ Rankings||Most Valued brand in India for third successive year|
|FinanceAsia poll on Asia's Best Companies 2015||Best managed public company - India|
|Barron's||World's 30 Best CEOs - Aditya Puri|
|J. P. Morgan Quality Recognition Award||Best in class straight through processing rates|
- "HDFC Bank Senior Management". HDFC Bank Limited. 8 November 2016. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Balance Sheet of HDFC Bank". moneycontrol.
- "HDFC Bank 2017". Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "HDFC Bank 2017" (PDF). Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "FINANCIAL RESULTS (INDIAN GAAP) FOR THE QUARTER AND YEAR ENDED JUNE 30, 2017" (PDF). hdfcbank.com.
- https://www.logotaglines.com › Banks
- "HDFC Bank". HDFC Bank. HDFC Bank.
- "Times of India". HDFC Bank opens Branch in Dubai. Times of India. August 25, 2014.
- "HDFC Bank most valuable brand in India: WPP study". Livemint. Livemint. September 10, 2015.
- "Largest bank by Market capitalization". MoneyControl. MoneyControl.
- "HDFC Bank among top 100 Most Valuable Global brands" (PDF). hdfcbank.com.
- "HDFC Bank – About Banking Services, Loans Scheme, Award, Contact Address, and more". business.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "HDFC Bank: Reports, Company History, Directors Report, Chairman's Speech, Auditors Report of HDFC Bank - NDTVProfit.com". profit.ndtv.com. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "HDFC Bank to acquire Centurion Bank of Punjab". Banknet India.
- Global Brands Magazine Award 2016 winners
- "HDFC Bank wins microfinance award from NABARD in Goa". Times of India. January 22, 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Bank of the Year/ Digital Bank: HDFC BANK". Business Today. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "AIMA Managing India Awards 2015 – 6th Edition". Affairs Cloud. April 18, 2015.
- "livemint". HDFC Bank is still India’s most valuable brand: Brandz ranking. September 22, 2016.
- "Asia's best managed companies, part 3". FinanceAsia. March 20, 2015.
- "HDFC Bank MD Aditya Puri in Barron's list of 30 best CEOs". Times of India. March 22, 2015.
- "Top 10 Banks in India 2015". MBA Skool.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HDFC Bank.|