|Traded as||BSE: 540777|
|Ms. Vibha Padalkar|
(MD & CEO)
It is a joint venture between Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (HDFC), one of India's leading housing finance institution and Standard Life Aberdeen PLC, leading well known provider of financial savings & investments services in the United Kingdom. On 14 August 2015 HDFC Ltd. entered into a share sale agreement with Standard Life to sell a 9.00% stake in HDFC Life to the latter. The transaction is subject to receipt of regulatory approvals. Post the completion of the above transaction, HDFC will hold 61.65% stake in HDFC Life and Standard Life's stake will increase to 35.00%, with rest to be held by others.
Presence & Distribution
HDFC Life distributes its products through a multi channel network consisting of Insurance agents, Bancassurance partners (HDFC Bank, Saraswat Bank, RBL Bank), Direct channel, Insurance Brokers & Online Insurance Platform.
Products & Services
HDFC Life's products include Protection, Pension, Savings, Investment, Health along with Children and Women plans. The company also provides an option of customizing the plans, by adding optional benefits called riders, at an additional price. The company currently has 29 retail and 8 group products, along with 7 optional rider benefits (as on 7 May 2018).
- Protection Plans - insurance plans that provide protection and financial stability to the family in case of any unforeseen events.
- Click2Protect Plus is their online term plan.
- Launched CSC Suraksha to be sold exclusive through the Common Services Centre network.
- Click2Invest is their online ULIP investment plan.
- Health Plan – offers financial security to meet health related contingencies.
- Savings & Investment plans - These plans help in investment to achieve financial goals.
- Retirement plans - financial security for life post retirement.
- Women's plans - plans catering to different financial needs of women.
- Children's plans – plans meant to secure children's future.
- Rural & social Plans – meant specifically for rural customers.
- Click2Retire completed their Click2 portfolio.
- ULIP Investment with more funds.
The MD & CEO of the company is Vibha Padalkar, Executive Director is Suresh Badami, Chief Financial Officer is Niraj Shah, Chief Operating Officer is Parvez Mulla, Chief Actuary & Appointed Actuary is Srinivasan Parthasarathy, Chief Investment Officer is Prasun Gajri, Bancassurance Alliances head and Chief Marketing Officer is Pankaj Gupta & Vibhash Naik heads the human resources as Head HR, Admin and L&D. 
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) was constituted in 1999 as an autonomous body to regulate and develop the insurance industry. The IRDA opened up the market in August 2000 with the invitation for application for registrations. HDFC Life was established in 2000 becoming the first private sector life insurance company in India.
By 2001, the company had its 100th customer, strengthened its employee force to 100 and had settled its first claim. HDFC Life launched its first TV advertising campaign 'Sar Utha Ke Jiyo' in 2005. In 2006, a study conducted by the Brand Equity – Economic Times had put HDFC Life at 29th rank in the most trusted Indian Brands amongst the Top 50 Service Brands of 2010.
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) gave accreditation to HDFC Life for 149 training centres housed in its branches to cater to the mandatory training required to be given as well as for other sales training requirements in 2009.
In 2012, it the first private life insurance company to bring back pension plans under the new regulatory regime, with the launch of two pension plans - HDFC Life Pension Super Plus and HDFC Life Single Premium Pension Super.
HDFC Life's associated companies include HDFC Ltd, HDFC Bank, HDFC International Life and Re Company Limited, HDFC Pension, HDFC MF, HDFC Sales, HDFC Ergo, HDB Financial Services, HDFC Securities, HDFC RED, HDFC Ventures Trustee Company, GRUH Finance, HDFC Trustee Company, HDFC Developers, HDFC Property Ventures, HDFC Investments, Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd
- "HDFC Standard Life Insurance is now HDFC Life Insurance". thehindubusinessline. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "HDFC Life launches first international operations in Dubai". Economic Times. 26 January 2012. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "HDFC Life on IRDA". IRDA. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Bloomberg Businessweek". Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "History of IRDA". IRDA. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Top 50 Service Brands". Economic Times. 31 August 2010. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "HDFC Life launches two pension plans in June". Money Control. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Official Website of HDFC RED".