Epoch J2000.0 Equinox J2000.0 (ICRS)
|Right ascension||13h 30m 06s|
|Declination||−23° 41′ 54″|
|Apparent magnitude (V)||13.5|
HE1327-2326, discovered in 2005 by Anna Frebel and collaborators, was the star with the lowest known iron abundance until SMSS J031300.36-670839.3 was discovered. The star is a member of Population II stars, with an iron to hydrogen ratio ([Fe/H]), or metallicity, of −5.6. This number indicates that its iron content is 1/400,000 that of the Earth's sun. However, it has a carbon abundance of roughly one-tenth solar ([C/H] = −1.0), and it is not known how these two abundances can be produced simultaneously. Discovered by the Hamburg/ESO survey for metal-poor stars, it was probably formed during an age of the universe when the metal content was much lower. It has been speculated[by whom?] that this star is part of the second generation, born out of the gas clouds which were polluted by the primordial Population III stars.
- Ultra low metallicity / ultra metal poor stars
- The Optical Gravitational Lensing Experiment. Additional Planetary and Low-Luminosity Object Transits from the OGLE 2001 and 2002 Observational Campaigns, A. Udalski, G. Pietrzynski, M. Szymanski, M. Kubiak, K. Zebrun, I. Soszynski, O. Szewczyk, and L. Wyrzykowski, Acta Astronomica 53 (June 2003), pp. 133–149.
- Frebel A., Aoki W., Christlieb N., Ando H., Asplund M., Barklem P.S., Beers T.C., Eriksson K., Fechner C., Fujimoto M.Y., Honda S., Kajino T., Minezaki T., Nomoto K., Norris J.E., Ryan S.G., Takada-Hidai M., Tsangarides S., Yoshii Y. (14 April 2005). "Nucleosynthetic signatures of the first stars". Nature. 434: 871–873. arXiv: . Bibcode:2005Natur.434..871F. doi:10.1038/nature03455. PMID 15829957. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- Brainard, Curtis (10 February 2014). "The Archaeology of the Stars". New York Times. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "HE 1327-2326". SIMBAD. Centre de données astronomiques de Strasbourg.
- Hamburg/ESO survey (Christlieb+, 2008)
|This star-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|