|Motto||Ireland's National Education & Research Network|
|Formation||1983; incorporated in November 1997|
|Legal status||Company limited by guarantee|
|Board of Directors|
HEAnet's e-infrastructure services support approximately 210,000 students and staff (third-level) in Ireland, and approximately 800,000 students and staff (first and second-level) relying on the HEAnet network. In total, the network supports approximately 1 million users.
Established in 1983 by a number of Irish universities, and supported by the Higher Education Authority, HEAnet provides e-infrastructure services to schools, colleges and universities within the Irish education system. Its network connects Irish universities, Institutes of technology in Ireland, the Irish Centre for High-End Computing (National Supercomputing Centre) and other higher education institutions. It also provides internet services to primary and post-primary schools in Ireland (HEIs) and research organisations.
- "About". Heanet.ie. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "HEAnet to announce new security deal". Irishtimes.com. 2014-05-22. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "HEAnet clients". HEAnet. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "HEAnet completes €30m second level broadband rollout". TechCentral.ie. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "ftp.heanet.ie". ftp.heanet.ie. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "HEAnet invests €5m in 100Gbps nationwide network". Siliconrepublic.com. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "Agile Networks secures €5m contract with HEAnet". Irishtimes.com. 18 July 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
|This computer networking article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|