|Motto||Ireland's National Education & Research Network|
|Formation||1983; incorporated in November 1997|
|Legal status||Company limited by guarantee|
|Board of Directors|
HEAnet’s e-infrastructure services support approximately 210,000 students and staff (third-level) in Ireland, and approximately 800,000 students and staff (first and second-level) relying on the HEAnet network. In total, the network supports approximately 1 million users.
Established in 1983 by a number of Irish universities, and supported by the Higher Education Authority, HEAnet provides e-infrastructure services to schools, colleges and universities within the Irish education system. Its network connects Irish universities, Institutes of technology in Ireland, and other higher education institutions (HEIs) and research organisations. It also provides internet services to primary and post-primary schools in Ireland.
- "About". Heanet.ie. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "HEAnet to announce new security deal". Irishtimes.com. 2014-05-22. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- "HEAnet completes €30m second level broadband rollout". TechCentral.ie. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "ftp.heanet.ie". ftp.heanet.ie. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "HEAnet invests €5m in 100Gbps nationwide network". Siliconrepublic.com. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "Agile Networks secures €5m contract with HEAnet". Irishtimes.com. 18 July 2016. Retrieved 27 October 2018.