|Traded as||NYSE: HEI, NYSE: HEI.A|
|Founded||1957 as Heinecke Instruments Co|
|Founder||Dr. William Heinicke|
|Headquarters||Hollywood, Florida, USA|
|Laurans A. Mendelson (Chairman, CEO)|
|US$55 million (2010)|
|Total assets||US$732 million (2009)|
|Total equity||US$457 million (2009)|
Number of employees
HEICO Corporation is a publicly traded technology company based in Hollywood, Florida. It designs, manufactures and sells aerospace-, defense- and electronics-related products and services throughout the world. The company’s customer base is primarily the commercial aviation, defense, space, medical, telecommunication and electronic industries.
HEICO's products can be found on large commercial aircraft, regional, business and military aircraft, industrial turbines, targeting systems, missiles and electro-optical devices.
- FAA-approved PMA parts
- Aircraft component maintenance, repair and overhaul
- Electrical and electro-optical systems and components
When it began in the late 1950s, HEICO focused on replacement parts for commercial aviation and providing maintenance and repair services. Since 1990 HEICO has acquired more than forty small specialized businesses and added an electronic technologies division to the established flight support group. On December 23, 2005, HEICO Corp. said its net sales increased 25 percent for the fiscal year ended Oct. 31, going from $216 million the previous year to $270 million.
In 2009, HEICO was listed as one of the 200 Best Small Companies for the 4th consecutive year by Forbes list. HEICO is a member of MARPA, the Washington, D.C.-based trade association that represents manufacturers of government-approved after market aircraft parts.
On November 4, 2005, HEICO's Electronic Technologies Group announced that it had acquired all of the stock of Engineering Design Team, Inc. and substantially all of the assets of an EDT affiliate, for cash consideration.
On September 11, 2007 the HEICO Electronic Technologies Group acquired the Canadian company EMD Technologies, which makes high-voltage energy generators for X-ray imaging devices in health, industry and security applications.
In 2009, HEICO acquired Dukane Seacom, underwater acoustic locator beacons for the aviation and marine markets.
On February 17, 2010, the HEICO Electronic Technologies Group acquired substantially all of the assets and certain liabilities of dB Control, a producer of Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers("TWTA"), Microwave Power Modules ("MPM") and other high-power devices used in both defense and commercial applications.
- "Contact Us." HEICO. Retrieved on September 3, 2011. "Corporate Offices 3000 Taft Street Hollywood, FL 33021"
- HEICO Annual Report http://www.heico.com/uploads/pdfs/AnnualReport_2009.pdf
- Mann Jr., Joseph A. (June 20, 2011). "HEICO's Global Reach". Miami Herald. pp. 4G.
- "HEICO Corp. says sales increase 25 percent".
- The 200 Best Small Companies - Forbes.com
- "HEICO Corporation Acquires Engineering Design Team, Inc".
- Heico acquires EMD Technologies
- "HEICO acquires Dukane Seacom"
- "HEICO Acquires VPT Inc." - Avionics Magazine
- "HEICO acquires Fremont's dB Control" - Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal