The VEGA Towers - HITEC City
|Headquarters||Rangareddy District, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
The Hyderabad Information Technology and Engineering Consultancy City, abbreviated as HITEC City, is an Information Technology, Engineering, Health informatics, and Bioinformatics campus in the suburbs of Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy district, India. Located 15km² from the centre of Hyderabad, HITEC City lies within the Cyberabad Development Area, now part of the Hyderabad metropolitan region.
HITEC City was launched in 1990s as a joint venture between Larsen & Toubro (L&T) and the Andhra Pradesh government. The project outside the city limits when launched, included hubs in the suburbs of Madhapur, Gachibowli, Kondapur, Manikonda, Nanakramguda, Pocharam, Uppal, Shamirpet, and Shamshabad. The 151 acres (61 ha) of land was contributed by the government. The Project is being developed through its Special Purpose Vehicle, L&T Hitech City Limited, a joint venture company of L&T Infocity Limited and the then Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC). HITEC City has emerged as the symbolic heart of cosmopolitan Hyderabad.
The Cyberabad Development Area (CDA) was established in 2001 to promote "the effective development of the areas around the HITEC City and surroundings". The CDA Master Plan was published that year by the Cyberabad Development Authority. The 52 km² zone, neighbouring the residential and commercial areas of Jubilee Hills and Banjara Hills, lies mostly within Serilingampally, 15km from the centre of Hyderabad. The Cyberabad Development Authority was dissolved in 2008, its functions merged into the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority.
- Kennedy, Loraine (2013). The Politics of Economic Restructuring in India: Economic Governance and State Spatial Rescaling. Routledge. p. 128. ISBN 9781317937982.
- Internet Society (1997). OnTheInternet. Internet Society. p. 35.
- "City Profiles, India Tier 1 Cities" (PDF). Cityinfo Services Pvt Ltd. 12 January 2014. p. 6.
- "Hyderabad: Colossal Gloss in City of Boom". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department – Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority – Approval of Metropolitan Development Plan-2031 for Hyderabad Metropolitan Region - Orders - Issued" (PDF). Government of Andhra Pradesh. 24 January 2013. p. 2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to HITEC City.|