This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Non-line-of-sight Anti-tank / anti-helicopter / air-to-surface and surface-to-surface missile|
|Place of origin||People's Republic of China|
|Warhead||HEAT and others|
|10 km (6.2 mi)|
|fiber-optic wire-guided missile (AFT-10)|
semi-active laser homing and millimeter wave radar seeker (AKD-10)
HJ-10 (or "Red Arrow 10") is a Chinese ground-launched anti-tank missile developed by Norinco. It has a tandem high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) warhead, that may penetrate 1,400 mm (55 in) of conventional steel armour protected by explosive reactive armour. The maximum range is 10 km (6.2 mi), with pre- or post-launch lock-on. Air-launched variants for helicopters and drones have also been developed.
AFT-10, equipped on the ZBD-04A Anti-tank platform, is the ATGM version of the HJ-10 platform and it is the first one to be developed.
The AFT-10 (Chinese: 反坦克导弹-10; pinyin: Fǎn tǎnkè dǎodàn-10; lit.: 'Anti-tank missile-10') is the surface-to-surface variant in the HJ-10 family, receiving designation of AFT-10. AFT-10 is a fiber-optic wire-guided missile that equipped with ZBD-04 Anti-tank platform. AFT-10 was first revealed in its deployment in Peace Mission 2014 joint military exercise. [better source needed][better source needed]
- Length (mm): 1,850 mm (73 in)
- Diameter (mm): 170 mm (6.7 in)
- Missile weight (kg): 43 kg (95 lb)
- System weight (kg): 105
- Max range (km): 10 km (6.2 mi)
- Min range (km): 3 km (1.9 mi)
- Search speed (m/s): 150
- Attack speed (m/s): 250
- g overload: 15
- Guidance: fiber optic + MMW radar or fiber optic + ImIR
The AKD-10 is a air-to-surface variant. It weighs 50 kg (110 lb) and is laser guided.
The LJ-7 (or "Blue Arrow-7") is an air-to-surface export version. The tandem HEAT warhead can penetrate 1,400 mm (55 in). It has semi-active laser guidance, and an effective range of 2 kilometres (1.2 miles) to 8 km (5.0 mi). The launch weight is 47 kg (104 lb).
- Red Arrow Development
- HJ-8 - wire-guided anti-tank missile system
- HJ-9 - beam-riding anti-tank missile system
- HJ-12 - man-portable infrared-homing anti-tank missile system
- Similar weapons
- Related lists
- Foss, Christopher F. (19 February 2019). "Red Arrow strikes [IDEX19D3]". Jane's. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- Gormley, Dennis M.; Erickson, Andrew S.; Yuan, Jingdong (2014). A Low-Visibility Force Multiplier: Assessing China’s Cruise Missile Ambitions (PDF) (Report). Washington, D.C.: National Defense University Press. p. 37.
- "China's shooting stars". IHS. 13 Jun 2012. Archived from the original on 20 June 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2019.
- AFT-10 (In Chinese)
- Candurra, Daniella (8 May 2019). "UN Panel Finds Chinese Missiles, UAVs in Libya". Missile Threat. Center for Strategic and International Studies. Retrieved 18 December 2019.