|Slogan||El Mundo en Bogotá|
|First air date||15 September 1950
21 November 2005 (online only)
|Former frequencies||89.9 MHz (1967-2005)
1160 kHz (1950-1981)
|Affiliations||Caracol Radio (2005-2016)
Caracol TV (2016-)
|Owner||Radial Bogotá, S. A.|
HJCK El Mundo en Bogotá is a Colombian cultural radio station, founded 15 September 1950 and based in Bogotá. Between 2005 and 2016 its frequency and call signs were leased by Los 40 Principales, a Caracol Radio network. HJCK became an online-only station. In late 2015 Caracol TV purchased Radial Bogotá, S. A., the company owning HJCK; it will be used to expand the Bluradio network since 2016.
HJCK was founded by intellectuals Eduardo Caballero Calderón, Hernando and Alfonso Martínez Rueda, Alfonso Peñaranda, Gonzalo Rueda Caro, Álvaro Castaño Castillo and his wife, Gloria Valencia de Castaño, as the first privately owned cultural radio station in Colombia. They bought Radio Granadina, an AM station in Bogotá (HJCK would move to FM in 1967). Its slogan, "El Mundo en Bogotá", comes after one of its first programmes, which included Gabriel García Márquez as its correspondent in Caracas.
The station has compiled a series of recordings with voices of famous Colombian and Latin American writers and intellectuals, known as Colección Literaria HJCK. In 2015, public network Radio Nacional de Colombia broadcast some old HJCK recording in the HJCK en la memoria programme.
Due to financial problems and increasingly low ratings, HJCK had to lease its frequency to Caracol Radio in 2005. In 2015, it was purchased by Caracol TV (both companies, though having been sister companies until 2001, are no longer related).
- "Audiopool - Archiv Tonträger - Eigene Bestände" (in German). Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- Gil Bolívar, Fabio Alberto (1992). "Influencia política y poder económico en los medios de comunicación: las cadenas radiofónicas colombianas" (PDF). Revista CIDOB D'Afers Internacionals (in Spanish). Barcelona (23-24): 225–254. ISSN 1133-6595. Retrieved 2011-05-16.
- Forero Oliveros, Javier (29 October 2015). "Caracol TV adquirió 94,9% de Radial Bogotá y podrá crear nueva emisora". La República. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
- "Contra viento y marea" (in Spanish). Semana. 2000-10-09. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- "En busca de la inmensa mayoría" (in Spanish). El Tiempo. 2004-04-04. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- HJCK (official site in Spanish)
|This article about a radio station in Colombia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|