HKRI Taikoo Hui
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
View of HKRI Taikoo Hui
|Location||789 West Nanjing Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai, China|
|Developer||Swire Properties, HKR International|
|No. of stores and services||250 brands, including the first Starbucks Reserve Roastery in Asia|
|Total retail floor area||Approximately 3.46 million sq ft (321,200 sqm)|
HKRI Taikoo Hui (Chinese: 興業太古滙; pinyin: Xīngyè Tàigǔ Huì) is a mixed use development on West Nanjing Road in Shanghai, China. It comprises two office towers, a large retail mall, 102 serviced apartments and a 111-room hotel called The Middle House. In late 2017, Starbucks opened a 30,000 square feet (2,800 m2) Reserve Roastery at the project, the largest Starbucks branch in the world.
HKRI Taikoo Hui is located in central Jing'an District on the busy shopping street of Nanjing Road. It accessible by foot from a large transport interchange on the Shanghai metro, where lines 2, 12 and 13 converge. The shopping centre is also located close to Yan'an Elevated Road and the North-South Elevated Road, two of Shanghai's major highways.
History and construction
The Dazhongli site upon which HKRI Taikoo Hui was built was first acquired in 2002. The launch of the project, a 50:50 joint venture between HKR International and Swire Properties was announced in 2006. Designed by Wong & Ouyang, the mixed use project was topped out in November 2015 in a ceremony with Zhou Haiying, Deputy Governor of Jing'an District. The mall celebrated its grand opening in May 2017  with The Middle House, a 111 room hotel designed by Italian architect Piero Lissoni, opening in April 2018.
- "HKRI Taikoo Hui". www.swireproperties.com.
- "What wealthy Chinese travellers expect from a holiday — at home". South China Morning Post. 2 February 2019.
- "The last word on modern hotel design in China, from Italian architect". South China Morning Post. 25 March 2018.
- Jacobs, Harrison. "See inside the world's largest Starbucks, where 'coffee is theater' and the line is always down the block". Business Insider.
- "No company is an island". Forbes India.
- "Swire unveils HKRI Taikoo Hui". 21 July 2015.
- "Swire and HKRI Open HKRI Taikoo Hui in Shanghai". Mingtiandi. 3 November 2017.
- "Topping-out Ceremony of the HKRI Taikoo Hui at Shanghai". www.wongouyang.com.
- "Swire's interim earnings beat forecasts on rising sales". South China Morning Post. 17 August 2017.