- The first HMAS Australia (1911), an Indefatigable-class battlecruiser launched in 1911, shortly after the formation of the Royal Australian Navy, and sunk in 1924 in accordance with the terms of the Washington Naval Treaty.
- The second HMAS Australia (D84), a County-class heavy cruiser launched in 1927 and broken up in 1956.
- The third HMAS Australia was intended to be renamed from the aircraft carrier HMS Invincible (R05), which the RAN intended to purchase in 1982. This sale was cancelled following the Falklands War and the 1983 Australian federal election.
- Rabaul 1914
- North Sea 1915–18
- Atlantic 1940–41
- Pacific 1941–43
- Coral Sea 1942
- Savo Island 1942
- Guadalcanal 1942
- New Guinea 1942–44
- Leyte Gulf 1944
- Lingayen Gulf 1945
- HMS Australia (1886), an Orlando-class cruiser of the Royal Navy completed in 1888 and scrapped in 1905.
- Empress of Australia, three passenger vessels of the name
- "Navy Marks 109th Birthday With Historic Changes To Battle Honours". Royal Australian Navy. 1 March 2010. Archived from the original on 13 June 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "Royal Australian Navy Ship/Unit Battle Honours" (PDF). Royal Australian Navy. 1 March 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 June 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|