HMS Amazon (1908)
|Builder||J I Thornycroft, Woolston|
|Laid down||24 June 1907|
|Launched||29 July 1908|
|Commissioned||18 January 1909|
|Fate||Sold for scrap on 22 October 1919|
|Class and type||Tribal-class destroyer|
|Displacement||970 long tons (986 t)|
|Length||280 ft 4 in (85.45 m) (p/p)|
|Beam||26 ft 8 in (8.13 m)|
|Draught||10 ft (3.0 m)|
|Speed||33 knots (61 km/h; 38 mph)|
|Range||1,400 nmi (2,600 km; 1,600 mi) at 15 knots (28 km/h; 17 mph)|
|Armament||3 × QF 12-pounder 12-cwt[Note 1] guns|
HMS Amazon was a Tribal-class destroyer built for the Royal Navy in the first decade of the 20th century. She survived the First World War and was sold in 1919. During the First World War she served in the North Sea and the English Channel with the 6th Destroyer Flotilla.
- "Cwt" is the abbreviation for hundredweight, 12 cwt referring to the weight of the gun.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8.
- Dittmar, F.J.; Colledge, J. J. (1972). British Warships 1914–1919. Shepperton, UK: Ian Allan. ISBN 0-7110-0380-7.
- Friedman, Norman (2009). British Destroyers: From Earliest Days to the Second World War. Barnsley, UK: Seaforth Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84832-049-9.
- Gardiner, Robert & Gray, Randal, eds. (1985). Conway's All The World's Fighting Ships 1906–1921. London: Conway Maritime Press. ISBN 0-85177-245-5.
- Manning, T. D. (1961). The British Destroyer. London: Putnam & Co. OCLC 6470051.
- March, Edgar J. (1966). British Destroyers: A History of Development, 1892–1953; Drawn by Admiralty Permission From Official Records & Returns, Ships' Covers & Building Plans. London: Seeley Service. OCLC 164893555.
- HMS Amazon, Index of 19th Century Naval Vessels
- "Royal Navy Log Books - HMS Amazon". naval-history.net. Retrieved 20 December 2013. OldWeather.org transcription of ship's logbooks August to October 1916