HMS Amazon (1908)
|Builder:||J I Thornycroft|
|Launched:||29 July 1908|
|Fate:||Sold for Scrap|
|Class and type:||Tribal-class destroyer|
|Displacement:||970 long tons (986 t)|
|Length:||280 ft 4 in (85.45 m) (p/p)|
|Beam:||26 ft 8 in (8.13 m)|
|Draught:||10 ft (3.0 m)|
|Speed:||33 knots (61 km/h; 38 mph)|
|Range:||1,400 nmi (2,600 km; 1,600 mi) at 15 knots (28 km/h; 17 mph)|
|Armament:||3 × QF 12-pounder 12-cwt[Note 1] guns|
HMS Amazon was a Tribal-class destroyer built for the Royal Navy in the first decade of the 20th century. She survived the First World War and was sold in 1919. During the First World War she served in the North Sea and the English Channel with the 6th Destroyer Flotilla.
- "Cwt" is the abbreviation for hundredweight, 12 cwt referring to the weight of the gun.
- Friedman, Norman (2009). British Destroyers: From Earliest Days to the Second World War. Barnsley, UK: Seaforth Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84832-049-9.
- Gardiner, Robert; Gray, Randal (1985). Conway's All The World's Fighting Ships 1906–1921. London: Conway Maritime Press. ISBN 0-85177-245-5.
- Manning, T. D. (1961). The British Destroyer. London: Putnam & Co.
- HMS Amazon, Index of 19th Century Naval Vessels
- "Royal Navy Log Books - HMS Amazon". naval-history.net. Retrieved 2013-12-20. OldWeather.org transcription of ship's logbooks August to October 1916
|This article about a specific destroyer of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|