From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Three vessels of the Royal Navy have been named HMS Ambush.
- Ambush, or Ambush No. 5, was an American gunboat (Gunboat No. 5), launched in 1805, captured at the Battle of Lake Borgne in 1814, and sold in 1815.
Two were submarines:
- HMS Ambush (P418), launched in 1945, was an Amphion-class submarine.
- HMS Ambush (S120), launched in 2011, is an Astute-class submarine.
- Paullin and Paxson (1914), p. 436.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
- Paullin, Charles Oscar and Frederic Logan Paxson (1914) Guide to the materials in London archives for the history of the United States since 1783. (Carnegie Institution of Washington).
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|