From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- HMS Anacreon was the French privateer Anacreon, which HMS Champion captured in 1799. She was sold in 1802.
- HMS Anacreon was a brig-sloop of 16 guns purchased in 1804 and sold in 1805.
- HMS Anacreon was a Cormorant-class ship-sloop launched in 1813 and lost, presumed foundered with all hands, in February 1814 while en route from Lisbon. Her commander was Captain George Pratt.
- HMS Anacreon was a schooner launched in 1815 and transferred to Customs the following year.
Citations and references
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
- Winfield, Rif (2008). British Warships in the Age of Sail 1793–1817: Design, Construction, Careers and Fates. Seaforth. ISBN 1-86176-246-1.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|