From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nine ships of the Royal Navy have been named HMS Brilliant.
- HMS Brilliant was a prize sloop taken in 1696 and sold in 1698.
- HMS Brilliant was a sloop in service in 1729.
- HMS Brilliant was a 36-gun fifth-rate launched in 1757 and sold in 1776.
- HMS Brilliant was a 28-gun sixth-rate launched in 1779 and broken up in 1811.
- HMS Brilliant was the former name of HMS Orontes, renamed in 1813 and broken up in 1817.
- HMS Brilliant was a 36-gun fifth-rate launched in 1814, renamed Briton in 1889 and sold in 1908.
- HMS Brilliant was an Apollo-class light cruiser launched in 1891 and sunk in 1918 as a blockship at Ostend.
- HMS Brilliant (H84) was a B-class destroyer launched in 1930. She served in World War II and was sold in 1947.
- HMS Brilliant (F90) was a Type 22 frigate launched in 1978. She took part in the Falklands War. She was sold to the Brazilian Navy in 1996 and renamed Dodsworth
- Belgian Coast 1914
- Zeebrugge 1918
- English Channel 1940-43
- Atlantic 1941-43
- North Africa 1942-43
- Falklands War 1982
- Kuwait 1991
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|