From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Five ships of the Royal Navy have been named HMS Furious:
- HMS Furious (1797) was a 12-gun Courser-class gun-brig launched in 1797 and sold in 1802.
- HMS Furious (1804) was a 12-gun Archer-class gun-brig launched in 1804 and sold in 1815.
- HMS Furious (1850) was a wooden-hulled paddle frigate launched in 1850. She was hulked in 1867 and sold in 1884.
- HMS Furious (1896) was an Arrogant-class second class protected cruiser launched in 1896. She was hulked in 1915 and renamed Forte, and was sold in 1923.
- HMS Furious (47) was a modified Courageous-class battlecruiser launched in 1916. She was converted to a flush-deck aircraft carrier between 1921 and 1925 and was sold in 1948.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|