From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- HMS Lizard was a ship listed between 1512 and 1522.
- HMS Lizard was a 16-gun fireship Royalist ship captured by the Parliamentarians in 1652 and expended in 1666.
- HMS Lizard was a 4-gun sloop launched in 1673 and captured by the Dutch in 1674.
- HMS Lizard was a 24-gun sixth rate launched in 1694 and wrecked in 1696.
- HMS Lizard was a 24-gun sixth rate launched in 1697 and sold in 1714.
- HMS Lizard was a 14-gun sloop launched in 1744 and wrecked in 1747.
- HMS Lizard was a 28-gun sixth rate launched in 1757, used for harbour service from 1795 and sold in 1828.
- HMS Lizard was the French Cerf-class cutter Lézard of eighteen 6-pounder guns, built by Jacques and Daniel Denys at Dunkirk and launched on 10 March 1781. She was captured on 2 October 1782 in the roads of the neutral (Danish) port of Tranquebar and taken to Bombay. There she was released back to France in 1783, after she had been present at the Battle of Cuddalore, and re-entered on the lists in January 1784. She was broken up in 1784.
- HMS Lizard was a wooden paddle vessel launched in 1840 and sunk in 1843 in a collision with the French paddle sloop Veloce.
- HMS Lizard was an iron paddle gunboat launched in 1844 and broken up in 1869.
- HMS Lizard was a composite screw gunvessel launched in 1886 and sold in 1905.
- HMS Lizard was an Acheron-class destroyer launched in 1911 and sold in 1921.
- HMS Lizard was a Combined Operations Landing Craft base, at Shoreham, West Sussex, commissioned in 1942 and closed in 1945.
- Demerliac (1996), p.88, #584.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
- Demerliac, Alain (1996) La Marine De Louis XVI: Nomenclature Des Navires Français De 1774 À 1792. (Nice: Éditions OMEGA). ISBN 2-906381-23-3
- Warlow, Brian (2000) Shore Establishments of the Royal Navy (second edition)(Liskeard: Maritime Books). ISBN 0-907771-73-4.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|