From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The first Penelope was a 24-gun sixth-rate launched in 1778 and captured by her Spanish prisoners in 1780.
- The second Penelope was a 32-gun fifth-rate launched in 1783 and broken up 1797.
- The third Penelope was a 36-gun fifth-rate launched in 1798 and wrecked in 1815.
- The fourth Penelope was a 46-gun fifth-rate launched in 1829 but completed in 1843 as a paddle frigate, and sold for breakup in 1864.
- The fifth Penelope was an armoured corvette launched in 1867 that became a prison hulk in 1897 and was sold in 1912.
- The sixth Penelope was an Arethusa-class light cruiser launched in 1914 and sold in 1924.
- The seventh Penelope was a tender purchased in 1918 and sold in 1922.
- The eighth Penelope (97) was an Arethusa-class light cruiser launched in 1935 and sunk off Naples in 1944.
- The ninth Penelope (F127) was a Leander-class frigate launched in 1962 and sold to Ecuador in 1991, which operated her as Presidente Eloy Alfaro.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|