From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- HMS Sabre was an S class destroyer launched on 23 September 1918 and sold for breaking up in November 1945.
- HMS Sabre was a 102-ton patrol boat launched on 21 April 1970 and was one of three boats making up the Fast Training Boat Squadron at Portland Harbour. The boat was sold in 1983.
- HMS Sabre is a 16-metre Scimitar-class fast patrol boat. It was commissioned into the Gibraltar squadron on 31 January 2003 and is used for police, customs and rescue purposes. It had previously been used in Northern Ireland since 1993 as MV Grey Wolf and was based in Lough Neagh where it was manned by Royal Marines.
- "HMS Sabre". Battleships-Cruisers. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- "Gibraltar Squadron - Introduction and History". Royal Navy website. Retrieved 2008-11-23., which gives the former name of HMS Sabre (P285) as Greywolf
- "HMS Sabre". Royal Navy website. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475. gives the former name of HMS Sabre as HMS Grey Fox, in contradiction to the MOD website which says that MV Grey Fox was the former name of HMS Scimitar
- "The sharp side of the Rock". Navy News. Royal Navy. April 2007. p. 12. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|