From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Five ships of the Royal Navy have borne the name HMS Sentinel:
- HMS Centinel was a 12-gun brig, formerly named Friendship. She was purchased in 1804 and wrecked in the Baltic in 1812.
- HMS Sentinel was a Sentinel class scout cruiser launched in 1904 and sold in 1923.
- HMS Sentinel was an S class destroyer, renamed HMS Scorpion before being launched in 1942.
- HMS Sentinel was an S class submarine launched in 1945 and scrapped in 1962.
- HMS Sentinel was a patrol vessel purchased in 1983. She was previously named Seaforth Warrior and Edda Sun. She was commissioned in 1984 and paid off in 1992. She was sold in 1993.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|