From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- HMS Valorous was a Combatant-class sixth rate sloop. She was launched at Hull in 1804, became an army depot ship in 1810, and was sold in 1817.
- HMS Valorous was a Hermes-class sixth rate sloop, launched at Pembroke Dockyard in Wales in 1816. She was broken up at Chatham in 1829.
- HMS Valorous was a 16-gun Magicienne-class paddle-frigate. She was launched at Pembroke Dockyard in 1851 and broken up in 1891. She was commanded in 1878 by Captain John A. Fisher (later Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher).
- HMS Valorous was an Admiralty V class destroyer leader built by William Denny and Brothers and launched in 1917. She was sold for scrapping in 1947.
- Lyon & Winfield p 69
- Lyon & Winfield p 155
- Mackay pp138-139
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
- Lyon, D. & Winfield, R. The Sail & Steam Navy List, London (2004): Chatham Publishing. ISBN 1-86176-032-9
- Mackay, Ruddock F. Fisher of Kilverstone. London (1973): Oxford University Press.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|