HMS Victorious (S29)
|Laid down:||3 December 1987|
|Launched:||29 September 1993|
|Commissioned:||7 January 1995|
|Fate:||in active service|
|Class and type:||Vanguard-class submarine|
|Displacement:||15,900 tonnes, submerged|
|Length:||149.9 m (491 ft 10 in)|
|Beam:||12.8 m (42 ft 0 in)|
|Draught:||12 m (39 ft 4 in)|
|Speed:||In excess of 25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph), submerged|
|Range:||Only limited by food and maintenance requirements.|
|Sensors and |
|Electronic warfare |
Her crew is made up of two watches, "Port" and "Starboard".
She became the second of the class to refit, during which time she was fitted with a Core H reactor ensuring that the boat will not need to refuel again until the end of its service life. In 2008, she underwent sea trials before resuming patrols in 2009.
In 2013, Victorious completed the UK's 100th deterrent patrol.
- Displacement: 16,000 tons submerged
- Propulsion: Rolls-Royce PWR2 reactor, two GEC turbines, single shaft, pump jet propulsor
- Electrical Power: two Paxman diesel generators, two WH Allen turbogenerators
- Speed: 25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph) submerged
- Complement: 21 officers, 146 men
- Strategic Armament: 16 Lockheed Trident II D5 ballistic missiles
- Defensive Armament: four 533 mm (21-inch) torpedo tubes, Spearfish torpedoes
- Letters of last resort
- List of submarines of the Royal Navy
- List of submarine classes of the Royal Navy
- Nuclear weapons and the United Kingdom
- Royal Navy Submarine Service
- Submarine-launched ballistic missile
- Trident nuclear programme
- "Vanguard class submarine". Royal Navy.
- Jane's Fighting Ships, 2004–2005. Jane's Information Group Limited. p. 794. ISBN 0-7106-2623-1.
- "Bridge card" (PDF). Royal Navy. 11 February 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 March 2011.
- Peter Luff, Minister for Defence Equipment, Support & Technology (2 November 2010). "Nuclear Submarines: Accidents". Parliamentary Debates (Hansard). House of Commons. col. 693W–694W.
- "HMS Victorious". Royal Navy. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "HMS Victorious leaves Plymouth after three-year refit". justplymouth.com. 10 July 2008. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Victorious summer ends with divisions for submarine's crew". Royal Navy. 26 July 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2017.