Jump to navigation Jump to search
Palo Alto, California,
|Kerry Bailey, Bobby Patrick, Mark Interrante, Bill Hilf|
|Parent||Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
HPE Helion is a portfolio of open-source software and integrated systems for enterprise cloud computing. It was announced by HPE Cloud in May 2014. HPE Helion grew from under US$300 million to over US$3 billion by 2016.
- HPE Helion OpenStack, product based on OpenStack cloud computing project launched in October 2014. The HPE-sponsored cloud services catalogue Cloud28+ exclusively featured software built with HPE Helion OpenStack when it launched in 2014.
- HPE Helion Stackato is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) based on Cloud Foundry, which HPE acquired in July 2015. Helion Stackato is available for OpenStack, AWS, VMWare and Azure.
- HPE Helion CloudSystem, an integrated Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service offering combining HPE Helion OpenStack and HPE Helion Stackato with HPE Proliant server hardware based on a particular use-case, such as distributed compute or distributed object storage. CloudSystem 10 launched in September 2016.
- HPE Helion Eucalyptus is an Amazon Web Services-compatible platform for building cloud environments, based in the open-source Eucalyptus software, which HPE launched in March 2015. It allows AWS applications to be moved on-premises with no modification to the workload, design patterns, or mindset.
- Osborne, Charlie. "HP to invest $1bn in open-source cloud computing, launches Helion portfolio". ZDNet. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- Talbot, Chris. "HP Helion OpenStack, Development Platform Go Live". Talkin' Cloud. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "HP launches first products to support its Helion cloud strategy". Cloudcomputingintelligence.com. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Cloud 28+ catalogue off to a strong start". TechNative. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- Fulton III, Scott M. "The PaaS Game Just Changed — HP Has Acquired Stackato from ActiveState". TheNewStack. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Multi Cloud on Your Terms: HPE Helion CloudSystem 10 will be Generally Available this Week". Connect Worldwide. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- McAllister, Neil. "HP adds Eucalyptus to Helion cloud, but OpenStack still reigns". The Register. Retrieved 2 December 2016.