HP headquarters in Palo Alto, California
January 1, 1939Hewlett-Packard) (as |
November 1, 2015(as HP Inc.)
|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|Revenue||US$52.056 billion (2017)|
|US$3.276 billion (2017)|
|US$2.526 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||US$32.913 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||-US$3.408 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
HP Inc. (also known as HP and stylized as hp) is an American multinational information technology company headquartered in Palo Alto, California, United States. It develops personal computers (PCs), printers and related supplies, as well as 3D printing solutions.
It was formed on November 1, 2015, renamed from the personal computer and printer divisions of the original Hewlett-Packard Company, with its enterprise products and services businesses becoming Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The split was structured so that Hewlett-Packard changed its name to HP Inc. and spun off Hewlett Packard Enterprise as a new publicly traded company. HP Inc. retains Hewlett-Packard's pre-2015 stock price history and its former stock ticker symbol, HPQ, while Hewlett Packard Enterprise trades under its own symbol, HPE.
HP is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the S&P 500 Index. It is the world's largest personal computer vendor by unit sales, having regained its position in 2017 since it was overtaken by Lenovo in 2013.
In 2016, total revenue of US$48.238 billion included US$16.982 billion from the sale of notebook computers, US$9.956 billion from the sale of desktop computers, US$11.875 billion from the sale of printer supplies, US$5.131 billion from the sale of commercial printers, and US$1.254 billion from the sale of consumer printers.
In 2016, HP announced a focus on consumers who upgrade their computers frequently and spend more money on games and released the Omen brand of laptops and desktops. HP released the gamer-centric Omen line of laptops and desktops targeted at mid-range consumers.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- HP Labs
- List of the largest information technology companies
- HP Inc 2016 Form 10-K Annual Report
- See company history section of HP Inc.'s information page at the NYSE Web site
- Darrow, Barb (30 October 2015). "Bye-bye HP, it's the end of an era". Fortune Magazine.
- "HP Inc. Reports Fiscal Year 2016 Results" (PDF). HP. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- Howley, Daniel (May 26, 2016). "HP debuts gaming PCs, hopes to turn fortunes around". Yahoo Tech. Retrieved May 30, 2016.
- Choudhury, Saheli Roy (2017-11-01). "HP now owns Samsung's printer business for $1.05 billion". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-12-27.